Todays and Thursdays attendance - Big Club? Joke ? {merged}

Re: Roberto ask's that the fan's turn up!

Sunday afternoon and televised live syndrome . . must say that I was surprised by the ultra-low turnout too but I think it's the mix mentioned plus the fact that the away fan seating arrangement shunts apart and shatters our singing fan-base .
Ergo; we can't perform as well as a 'singing crowd' at cup games and the atmosphere suffers.

I bet the players felt that the game just wasn't important to us today when they were attacking towards a part full but expanded away end (nowt but black and white ahead) or attacking towards a sparsely populated family stand.

So, Sunday fixture, Live TV, and the idiots who arrange the seating are to blame. Couldn't organise a sing-song at a footie match. . doh!

Unfortunately Bobby and the BM posters' pleas will fall on deaf ears. In the most part it is the more, ahem, mature seasoncard holders who are the stay-aways.

We have thousands of fans who have paid for their SCs over the years, dont go to an away game and would'nt be seen dead at a home cup match (perhaps a Qtr final)

dw7 said:
jimharri said:
For various reasons (finance being the main one, I'd guess) our cup attendances these past few years have, with the odd exception, been shite. I think there'll be more there on thursday, but I doubt that it will be a sell out. 35-40k, if we're lucky.

no hope in 40k 30k max i reckon
Think you will be surprised, its half term next week.

I can honestly say I have followed my city through thick and thin and unfortunately current circumstances mean I have to pick my games carefully! For him to say he hopes the fans turn up is kind of a slap in the face seen as I tried to get a ticket to the swamp and didn't manage it! no probs I never missed a derby in 12 years I applied when I could and failed no argument there! but then to see a definite tourist on the front row with a camera (mentioned in other threads even a poss forwign tourist) what does he expect! easy to sell at over inflated prices to plastics for big games but please don't moan when good decent loyal fans don't buy for matches corporate customers aren't interested in! I ain't no Rag and if I could afford it I would go no matter about the Swamp ticket! but much as I like him them comments are just a slap in the face!

Re: Big Club?

Sugarloaf said:
danburge82 said:
I'll guarantee there are quite a few "fans" who buy tickets and don't bother turning up cos they can't be arsed with early rounds just so they can get the Loyalty Points. I reckon points shouldn't be awarded unless you've actually gone to the game. That might attract some of this type of fans as they won't get the points otherwise!

That's like blackmail. Wouldn't it be better that people turned up because they wanted to.

It's not blackmail. If people can't be arsed turning up they shouldn't get the points because they don't deserve them. I was a student when Loyalty Points first came in and only went to about 8-9 home and 1-2 away games a season back then so I'm a few years behind the top points fellows. Many of these fuckers who buy ther tickets but don't show up because it's beneath them to be seen watching League 1 teams will no doubt be around my points level and I missed out on Old Trafford tickets last week, and I'll bet it was to a few if these type of fans.<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:49 pm --<br /><br />
Sugarloaf said:
danburge82 said:
I'll guarantee there are quite a few "fans" who buy tickets and don't bother turning up cos they can't be arsed with early rounds just so they can get the Loyalty Points. I reckon points shouldn't be awarded unless you've actually gone to the game. That might attract some of this type of fans as they won't get the points otherwise!

That's like blackmail. Wouldn't it be better that people turned up because they wanted to.

It's not blackmail. If people can't be arsed turning up they shouldn't get the points because they don't deserve them. I was a student when Loyalty Points first came in and only went to about 8-9 home and 1-2 away games a season back then so I'm a few years behind the top points fellows. Many of these fuckers who buy ther tickets but don't show up because it's beneath them to be seen watching League 1 teams will no doubt be around my points level and I missed out on Old Trafford tickets last week, and I'll bet it was to a few if these type of fans. I've missed one cup game in about 9 years!

Don't finish work until 8 on Thursday. Doubt I could get there until half time. It is pay day though so am in two minds about it. Whats the policy on letting people in that late?

BL2blue said:
Unfortunately Bobby and the BM posters' pleas will fall on deaf ears. In the most part it is the more, ahem, mature seasoncard holders who are the stay-aways.

We have thousands of fans who have paid for their SCs over the years, dont go to an away game and would'nt be seen dead at a home cup match (perhaps a Qtr final)

mature seasoncard holder cup direct and awaygames so bollocks

What a joke!!

i went today(the only few who did) and couldn't help noticing that there were so many empty seats!
and i know that there will be blues on here who purposly couldn't be arsed going to it, and i say don't bother ever coming if you can't be arsed going to the simple games, and your the first people to complain if we lose.
its an embarrasment and i don't blame mancini for coming out and saying that he wants to see it full!
get off your arse and support the team
armchair supporters!!

rant over and well done for the people who actually went today.

ps. this was only aimed at people who could of gone but chose not to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.