Tonight / Operation One End / Away fans relocation {merged}

Re: Operation one end - T!Ts up

tbf, the club fucked up tonight....it put kids and dads in with blokes who wanted to stand up and sing...the dads complained their kids couldnt see the game and the stewards moved in to get everyone sitting down....WTF!!!

tonight was an ideal opportunity to show the club how intimidating an all round city support on the lower tier could be....yet, they chose to mix the fans, then stifle them whenever they got too rowdy

Tom_mcfc said:
Hopefully this draws a line under the pathetic idea that the atmosphere is poor because the south stand and the singing section are seperated. The reason there is atmosphere there usually is because the away fans are inbetween causing the banter. Simple.

Aye, it has. I really did think that was the problem, or a big part of it at any rate. I stand completely corrected.

I sat in the south stand block 113 tonight, really disappointed with the atmosphere. Maybe the majority of people sat there weren't aware that the idea was to create an atmosphere. Sing, show signs of excitement, encouragement, disappointment, love, hate any feckin emotion. We just don't have the number of noisy fan's we used to.

Re: Want to stand and sing at the Wigan game? UPDATE PAGE 13

Didn't work perfectly tonight because of the high amount of kids, but it's a good start and could definitely be top if it was advertised by the club as for singers, and if the stewards didn't try to make us sit.
Don't think many were impressed with my rendition of "standers to the left of me, singers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with kids" though.
Some good lads at the back of 114 and 115, and thanks to the woman who came up to me at the end of the game and said "I've took my 12 year old step daughter to her first game tonight and she couldn't stop looking at you singing and smiling so thank you". Made my day that :-)
And whoever the little lad I gave my banana to is, look after it mate, it's been with me for years :)

Did operation One End Work?

Be honest.

Yes and No.

Yes because the stadium looked much better and felt much better with City fans at both ends.

No becuase the 3 away blocks were filled mostly with parents and kids, who weren't prepared to stand and/or sing.(not having a pop BTW)

Saying that, you can't critcize City for filling those blocks with parents and kids if hardly anyone bothered relocating. The seats had to be filled some how.

Blue Alliance were at the back of 115 and they tried to get quite a few songs going. Unfortunately it was a lost cause most of the time. At a guess I'd say there were about 20, maybe 30 fans in those 3 away blocks who were trying to get songs going on a regular basis. That's quite poor TBH. The normal SSL section were pretty poor tonight. Thought they could have contributed more, especially in the first half.

All in all it was a good experiment, that didn't really work out. Still worth another try next season.

Re: Want to stand and sing at the Wigan game? UPDATE PAGE 13

Did they relocate the family stand there? I would rather stand next to 50 wigan fans than that lot again.

Re: Did operation One End Work?

No it didnt work.

The lower tier amosphere was flat

ok it was only wigan, but i saw more atmosphere on the 2nd tier with the fans up there bantering with the wigan fans who'd turned up

operation one end wont ever work, the days of a home end singing is gone, end of chat, and anyone who goes to away games will tell you that. At most, if not all grounds, the home singers are right next to the away fans

normality resumes next home game. thank god for that

shadygiz said:
tbf, the club fucked up tonight....it put kids and dads in with blokes who wanted to stand up and sing...the dads complained their kids couldnt see the game and the stewards moved in to get everyone sitting down....WTF!!!

tonight was an ideal opportunity to show the club how intimidating an all round city support on the lower tier could be....yet, they chose to mix the fans, then stifle them whenever they got too rowdy
They didn't fuck anything up Shady. They just wanted to "prove" that it didn't work.

If you gets me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.