Tonight / Operation One End / Away fans relocation {merged}

maybe there should be an age limit on the southstand must be 15+, i got to my usual spot in 116 and was shocked by how many kids there were in the away section and just fucking knew it would be a majority of seated fans come the match.

Again, people can't blame the club. We were given the chance to relocate and very few relocated. The club had to fill those seats, so the parents and kids were put in there.

Re: Please can i have the away fans back?

mcfc_die_hard said:
blumoonrises said:
But they were only in the tier above.. they'd have still heard you..!

naa i prefer to have them right next to us. It was a big fail and just proved that it doesnt work. The club said if you want to stand and sing then relocate to that area yet hardly anybody sung

Fair enough..I see your point! I prefer to focus my attention on the pitch myself, and I'm in the North Stand so didn't really affect me..!

BlueMooner87 said:
maybe there should be an age limit on the southstand must be 15+, i got to my usual spot in 116 and was shocked by how many kids there were in the away section and just fucking knew it would be a majority of seated fans come the match.
Agree to some extent but not 15+. I'm 13 and contributed more to the atmosphere today in 115 than the majority of others in the whole block bar the Blue Alliance at the back and some blokes behind me.

I was told to sit down by a bloke with a 3 year old daughter, which I did do, because of the size of the man's daughter, she could not have been able to see, but as soon as they were up and down and passing round biscuits and complaining about others standing up infront, I thought fuck it and stood for the remainder of the game really.

Top marks to some in the blocks who tried.

I was in 115 behind a Korean football team (2 of whom fell asleep!) and hordes of kids - I thought there were quite a few of us who gave it a go but it was the wrong mix - too many young kids and parents mixed together made it hard work.
The club did a great job of getting 43000 in the ground but the efforts on here to get the end standing and singing were clearly not supported by the club or at least the message was not passed to the ticket office if they did.

Back to the North stand for us

Re: Please can i have the away fans back?

mcfc_die_hard said:
blumoonrises said:
But they were only in the tier above.. they'd have still heard you..!

naa i prefer to have them right next to us. It was a big fail and just proved that it doesnt work. The club said if you want to stand and sing then relocate to that area yet hardly anybody sung

If it was full of lads all standing and all wanting to sing and we got tonight's result then you would be right. However it's unfair to say it was a big fail and proved it doesn't work when half the stand were kids sat down playing with beach balls.

danebanksheik said:
I was in 115 behind a Korean football team (2 of whom fell asleep!) and hordes of kids - I thought there were quite a few of us who gave it a go but it was the wrong mix - too many young kids and parents mixed together made it hard work.
The club did a great job of getting 43000 in the ground but the efforts on here to get the end standing and singing were clearly not supported by the club or at least the message was not passed to the ticket office if they did.

Saw them all come in in their matching trackies. Thought that was 114 though?

Re: Want to stand and sing at the Wigan game? UPDATE PAGE 13

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Didn't work perfectly tonight because of the high amount of kids, but it's a good start and could definitely be top if it was advertised by the club as for singers, and if the stewards didn't try to make us sit.
Don't think many were impressed with my rendition of "standers to the left of me, singers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with kids" though.
Some good lads at the back of 114 and 115, and thanks to the woman who came up to me at the end of the game and said "I've took my 12 year old step daughter to her first game tonight and she couldn't stop looking at you singing and smiling so thank you". Made my day that :-)
And whoever the little lad I gave my banana to is, look after it mate, it's been with me for years :)
p.s. is the guy who was behind me in 114 on here - we were singing "number 1 is Colin Bell" together on our own and he gave me a hug at the end - top guy lol

Re: Want to stand and sing at the Wigan game? UPDATE PAGE 13

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Didn't work perfectly tonight because of the high amount of kids, but it's a good start and could definitely be top if it was advertised by the club as for singers, and if the stewards didn't try to make us sit.
Don't think many were impressed with my rendition of "standers to the left of me, singers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with kids" though.
Some good lads at the back of 114 and 115, and thanks to the woman who came up to me at the end of the game and said "I've took my 12 year old step daughter to her first game tonight and she couldn't stop looking at you singing and smiling so thank you". Made my day that :-)
And whoever the little lad I gave my banana to is, look after it mate, it's been with me for years :)
Thank fuck you were there pal, if i'm thinking you were the guy wearing the 3rd kit and on row y-ish behind the bald guy

danebanksheik said:

The club did as much as it could. Those who know, know. They couldn't have done anymore. Trust me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.