Tonight / Operation One End / Away fans relocation {merged}

Re: Please can i have the away fans back?

mcfc_die_hard said:
blumoonrises said:
I don't understand how havin the Wigan fans a few yards lower down would have made them sing more..?

Well they couldnt have made any less noise than what they made tonight who took up those seats. And it would give 110 and 111 somebody to sing at and have the banter with.

But they were only in the tier above.. they'd have still heard you..!

Going back to the kids.

I lost count of the amount of times they went to the toilet. Up and down.

I swore once out loud and realized I was surrounded by kids. That killed part of my passion as I decided not to get angry and swear again.

Credit to the 20 or so lads at the back of 114 and 115 tonight, trying constantly, in particularly the Blue Alliance, good effort.

Hopefully it will be more successfull next time.

To be honest, even though i was plugging it like mad, i knew it wouldn't be a huge success that gave everyone the wow factor for the simple fact that there would be alot of kids in there tonight in that £30 + free shirt deal. I don't think it's fair to say it was a pathetic idea or tonight will put this theory to bed as it was never full of blues who wanted to stand, sing and shout.

That said, at times you could here the south stand as one loud voice all the way from the north stand but the lackluster first half and it being filled with kids didn't help.

Put it this way, it was a far better atmopshere than it would of been if the Wigan fans were on the lower tier.

Re: Please can i have the away fans back?

blumoonrises said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
Well they couldnt have made any less noise than what they made tonight who took up those seats. And it would give 110 and 111 somebody to sing at and have the banter with.

But they were only in the tier above.. they'd have still heard you..!

naa i prefer to have them right next to us. It was a big fail and just proved that it doesnt work. The club said if you want to stand and sing then relocate to that area yet hardly anybody sung

Immaculate Pasta said:
To be honest, even though i was plugging it like mad, i knew it wouldn't be a huge success that gave everyone the wow factor for the simple fact that there would be alot of kids in there tonight in that £30 + free shirt deal. I don't think it's fair to say it was a pathetic idea or tonight will put this theory to bed as it was never full of blues who wanted to stand, sing and shout.

That said, at times you could here the south stand as one loud voice all the way from the north stand but the lackluster first half and it being filled with kids didn't help.

Put it this way, it was a far better atmopshere than it would of been if the Wigan fans were on the lower tier.
Couldn't makethis one tonight so had to watch it down here in Salsibury, one thing watching it on tv, it look so much better being City all behind the SS. Ok the poor first half didn't get everyoneup singing but it just look so much better. Lets try it again without the offers and lets get the full Kippax boys and girls in there. But good effort from those there.

Those that didn't relocate, please stop complaining. Everyone was asked to relocate for just one match and make the effort. Very few did. Those that did gave it a good go and neither those people or the idea should be deemed a failure.

If we could have got a group or 30-50 together in one of those blocks, it would have made all the difference. Unfortunately the club did as much as it could have done. The real problem was fans just didn't want to relocate for one match.

I was in 113 tonight and it was a massive dissapointment. I took my auntie with me as she loves a good sing song, and decided to relocate from the third tier.

10 minutes into the match people behind were asking us to sit down, which we refused. I went for a piss 30 mins in and was pulled to one side by a steward asking me to sit as people behind could not see, to which I refused as I wanted to get an atmosphere going.

Half time comes and I go for another wee, only to be approached by the same steward with a police officer. Was again asked to sit as the people behind could not see, because of the police I obliged, as I didn't want to be thrown out. Both me and my aunt were dissapointed as we both stood for the first half ignoring anybody asking us to sit. The 2nd half kicks off and all e can hear is people talking about hockey, tents and what other countries were like to visit, nothing at all about the game!!!! At one point they started asking each other why kompany and NDJ were 33 and 34 when there was only 11 players on the pitch. At this point I was livid! I had to sit down so these people could talk shite. They then started singing nursery rhymes about bramble being number 19, they didn't even know who he was!!!

Basically my rant is about this operation one end tryout, I me trying my best to make it happen fail due to clueless people moaning over nothing, the only people not to complain were the parents with kids as they were all for standing and singing.

Sorry rant over and I hope you guys understand why I'm frustrated.

Bit of a downer tbh, looked over from 121 expecting to hear a load of noise etc, but all I saw was a clone of a section of the family stand. It was dull, the jaffa cake brigade (not including the blue alliance) got into the best stand in the ground, no wonder 110/111 were taking the piss, next time City should actually ask buyers whether they wanna sing or not and then put em in the appropriate part of the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.