Tony Coton

I agree with all of the above, I think for a year or two he was the best keeper in Manchester and they had Schmeichel at the time. Most United fans at the time would admit he was a better keeper although Schmeichel was a much better distributer

TC used to go for a drink in the Chorlton Cricket Club with some great lads and big Blues, no names mentioned but a lot of fun was had by all accounts a great guy and loved playing for City

Got to know TC a bit during his time at City as his mate was going out with one of the match going girls I knew, he is a top bloke and a proper laugh but more importantly he was a class goalkeeper .
Remember going out after a player of the year awards to a club in Alderley edge with a few of the the players, him and Neil Pointin singing puff the magic dragon on the karaoke and brought the house down.

Says in the book according to a newspaper that Taylor was forced not to cap him by Swales or we would have had to pay Watford 300k, I could quite believe that tbh

Cotton was a bit of a hard bastard too, by all accounts. Looking forward to reading the book.

Remember seeing him and Quinn in a curry house in Rusholme after a game once. I'd had a few and ventured over to talk to them, only to be told in no uncertain terms to fuck off. Don't really blame him, their onion bhajis had just arrived tbf.
Dot or Nick?

Got to know TC a bit during his time at City as his mate was going out with one of the match going girls I knew, he is a top bloke and a proper laugh but more importantly he was a class goalkeeper .
Remember going out after a player of the year awards to a club in Alderley edge with a few of the the players, him and Neil Pointin singing puff the magic dragon on the karaoke and brought the house down.

Don't suppose you know how he felt about joining that lot? Did he know how it would go down with blues?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.