Top 10 teams in the world at present

Spurs 11th or 14th, depending on which stats you favour.

Not bad, but I wonder where we would be if we started scoring a few more goals?

THFC6061 said:

Your playing on channel 5

You don't win trophy's

Your fans are upset with the style of football

Your 28 million striker looks a shambles and can only net from the spot

You lost your only world class player in the summer

Aside from Lloris and Vertonghan all the rest are pretty average

You lost to West ham 3-0

Markt85 said:
THFC6061 said:

You don't win trophy's

You lost to West ham 3-0

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

And yes.

But we're still above City in the Premier League.

Go figure!

THFC6061 said:
Markt85 said:
THFC6061 said:

You don't win trophy's

You lost to West ham 3-0

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

And yes.

But we're still above City in the Premier League.

Go figure!

He's a West Ham fan and you're on ITV 4 not Channel 5.

ban-mcfc said:
Kun Aguero said:
supercrystal7 said:
I think a lot of people are massively overrating PSG. They have a lot of superstar players, but they are too many big ego's and their results depend more of Zlatan than the team.

Sirgu's class, the full backs are pretty wank to be fair but Alex, Thiago Silva and Marquinhos is better than anything City have, Motta, Matuidi, Verratti are class in the middle. The middle. Cavani and then one of Lavezzi/Pastore/Lucas behind Zlatgod is wank worthy. They'd beat City over 2 legs.

Vincent-Kompany_2313907b.jpg

That's a lovely photo mate but Alex, Thiago Silva and Marquinhos is better than Kompany, Nastasic and Demichelis.

1. Bayern Munich - by a distance.
2. Barcelona - still a superb team, albeit not at the level of their 09-11 highs.
3. Real Madrid - have arguably the most devastating attack and an excellent support cast.
4. Borussia Dortmund - amazing first eleven that is a match for most if not all.
5. Arsenal - way they are playing at the moment, they make the top five. Keeper's improved, defence is solid, midfield is immense and attack has improved.
6. Roma - Rudy Garcia has got them playing incredibly well as a team. They've come out of nowhere in to such scintillating form.
7. Manchester City - on paper, probably the best team in England. At home they've been annihilating opposition, Sort that out consistently away and they'll be potential top five material.
8. Juventus - last season their defence and midfield was majestic, they just lacked top strikers hence struggling vs Bayern. Have added two top ones and, once they have a settled team, I see them getting even better domestically and in Europe.
9. Atletico Madrid - like Garcia (Roma), Diego Simeone has done a phenomenal job. They have a really good allround team; it's no fluke they're above Real Madrid in the league and have won on their last two visits to the Bernabeu.
10. Chelsea - not close to the level (yet) of Mourinho's 04-06 Chelsea side, but they'll be tough for anyone to beat at Stamford Bridge. If they bring in a world class striker like Lewandowski it'd take them up a notch.

PSG probably the most unfortunate to miss out. Man United- nah. This isn't me being bitter, I just don't think they are that great at the moment. Very good keeper, good defence, average midfield, world class attack. The above sides are better allround teams. Love to be able to include us but alas, that would be biased! Although I'd say we're the same as Man Utd in the above departments (world class attack etc.). What they have on us is obviously mentality and a squad used to winning. Not sure why Tottenham warranted a mention on the first page though- has anyone watched them under AVB? Last season they were hugely reliant on Bale in every game from January onwards. Now he's gone, fair play they're grinding out wins but that won't continue forever. Of their front four players not one of them makes the Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City or Man Utd first teams. Sure, they've got a good squad and are solid defensively but they've scored like six goals from open play in 10 league games; they went be given penalties to win every match and will draw a lot of games 0-0. I'd have, say, Napoli above them for sure.

THFC6061 said:

You wonder where you would be if you started scoring a few more goals? Well for starters you'd be in people's thoughts, possibly even people's worries. You might even be on a highlights reel. As it is you are a team in transition like it or not, who lacks attacking options but has a solid defence. You are two or three players and one or two seasons away from a real challenge.

supercity88 said:
THFC6061 said:

You wonder where you would be if you started scoring a few more goals? Well for starters you'd be in people's thoughts, possibly even people's worries. You might even be on a highlights reel. As it is you are a team in transition like it or not, who lacks attacking options but has a solid defence. You are two or three players and one or two seasons away from a real challenge.

Well of course we're in transition - we've had to absorb seven new players who have no previous Premier League experience into our team.

We have the attacking options, but we're just not converting our chances created into goals at the moment.

I'm confident that it's simply a matter of time before it all clicks nicely into place.

Meanwhile, we are sitting pretty in equal second place in the League on points and going very well in the two cup competitions we're participating in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.