Torres Again

Damocles said:
stimo said:
this isnt football manager. when will people realise we can't have 4 world class strikers

Yeah, having Balotelli, Dzeko, Aguero and Tevez is a disaster.

Also, United winning the CL with Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solksjaer didn't happen.

And Chelsea don't have Anelka, Sturridge, Drogba, Torres and Lukaku

And United don't have Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov, Owen, Macheda and Diouf.

Shall I go into Milan, Madrid and Barca or do you yet concede the point?

Ok lets go through those one by one:

Man city: Tevez kicked up a fuss - 4 top draw strikers fail

United: Solksjaer was not top class and did not expect to start every game - 3 top class strikers one happy to ride the bench

Chelsea: Anelka has kicked up a fuss and lukaku and sturridge are young and not top class. - 2 top class 2 up and comers

United (present): Berbatov wants to leave.... : basically they have 2 top class and 1 up and comer and two happy to rot on the bench

I will do Milan, Madrid and Barca for you:

Milan: Zlatan, Robinho, Pato, Cassano - 1 out and out striker 3 versatile creative forwards who can play in the wing or in the hole NOT 4 out and out top strikers (with cassano happyish to play on the bench)

Barca - Villa, Messi - 2 top class strikers (3 if you include sanchez)

RM - Ronaldo, Benzema and Higuain - 3 top class

No team has 4 top class strikers - we do need another striker but either a young gun (Lukaku etc) or an old experienced head (Henry etc)

This ridiculous desire for 4 strikers needs to end.

Van Persie's the one. We sign him, we win the League. 4 top class strikers is not excessive when you are competing in 4 competitions and have designs on being a CL winning club imo.

I still see Torres as world class but I think he will only get back to his best if he's loaned back to Spain.. Atletico would have him back in a heartbeat for the rest of the season.

Should we buy Van Persie, City might as well come out and say that Arsenal is an official feeder club. Plus, who will score for Arsenal if he leaves.. Madness!

The only recent examples of four genuine high quality, high maintenance forwards at a club that I can remember were:

United - Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez (didn't end well with Tevez leaving)

Real - Benzema, Higuain, Ronaldo, Adebayor (but Higuain was injured and Adebayor brought in to replace him)

City - Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli (we all know how this turned out)

A player like Solskjaer who was mentioned is a godsend because you could bench him for 5 games and he wouldn't become unsettled.

You can play 3 in every game if you want, with one coming off the bench and the other either also on the bench or having a rest. If you imagine we'll be playing 50 games a season, then there's at least 150 chances for strikers to play. That's nearly 40 games each with 4 strikers.

Prestwich_Blue said:
You can play 3 in every game if you want, with one coming off the bench and the other either also on the bench or having a rest. If you imagine we'll be playing 50 games a season, then there's at least 150 chances for strikers to play. That's nearly 40 games each with 4 strikers.
But they all want to start & not just come on for the last 15 mins.

The cookie monster said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
But they can't all start all the time. There'll be injuries and times it's not going for one or other of them.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The cookie monster said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
But they can't all start all the time. There'll be injuries and times it's not going for one or other of them.
I totally agree with you they will all get their chance,they are just all fighting for the starting slot..

Its just hard to keep them all happy i guess.

Up to now its working regarding our 3 forwards,fingers crossed it continues & 1 doesnt start playing up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.