Tourists

me n mate queued for 10 mins for pies at half time; soon as we left the queue Belgian came upto us asked us 'what these food please?' Pies Mate came the answer and he promptly paid us £30. for the two.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
hisroyalblueness said:
I'm all for anyone who makes the effort to come and see us - that 'tourists' thing is a 'small club' mentality thing that the vast majority of our support find ridiculous.
Half & half scarves? Not my bag but if someone wants to spend money in our club shop then it's thumbs up all the way.

I agree, at the derby I even saw half and half scarves at that game. But hey ho if it's putting money into the club then so be it.

do you seriously think they sell half and half premier league scarves in the club shop? they are bought from sellers outside the ground so no money going to the club through them. the only ones the club sell are the champions league ones.

For reasons long since forgotten, I once wore a Wigan rugby scarf to City versus Oxford at Maine Road. I was only a young pup and walking down some side street after the game, some bruiser walked past me, gave me a painful punch on the back of the head and if memory serves, said, "Fuck off back to Oxford and take your shit Swindon scarf with you, you Munich bastard."

I'm still 30 odd years later unsure exactly who he thought I supported but I think it was the last time I wore any scarf to a match.

Didn't notice many in EL3 yesterday but if they are buying shirts and tickets then we should welcome them but them half and half scarves are tragic unless its champions league/Europa away

NipHolmes said:
Not too bothered really.

The thing I do resent is the club pricing out modest income earning fans and their place being taken by wealthier 'plastic' fans. We'll lose our soul if we do that.

I once debated v United fans on facebook when they called us the Emptyhad. I said we were sold out and at least we didn't have as many tourists as them and then a guy posted a pic of an Asian bloke with a camera and he had a jacket on saying 'Chelsea' on the back. Now that's too much for me. I have no time for that. That's ammo for the rags :(

Anyway, back to subject, we need to embrace tourists as they will help us raise matchday revenue etc and it's all part of FFP. By refusing such types we simply cut our nose off to spite our face.

At Fulham away there was a bloke wearing an Arsenal tracksuit top sat four rows in from of me. Arsenal were playing Chelsea.

Anyone who wears a half'n'half scarf in the ground parading it in the home stand like they're a fan of both clubs need burning at the stake. There were people in the East Stand with them on in the derby in December. What the fuck is that about?

I also don't want to see them stood up, smiling and taking pictures of the opposition when they score like there were when Rooney was sliding on his knees after scoring against us in December. Fucking disgraceful that these people are in our stand.

Other than that, i don't have a problem with "tourists".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.