Traditionally 'Blue' Pubs

Was 1990 after OT n' NOBODY was killed ![/quote]

Sure it was after the 5-1 at Maine Road, a fan got stabbed and while it was closed it got torched and didn't reopen til 2005.

I'm pretty sure about this, my family all lived in Ancoats and used to drink in there, we took my grandad to the reopening and all the talk was about it being closed for 16 years (1989-2005).

Correct me if I'm wrong but you might have an argumentative 95 year old Italian on your case!

Maintainin said:
billyscollyhurst said:
The Crown and Kettle on the corner of Oldham Road and Great Ancoats Street was a big,big blue pub for years until it was shut in 1989 after it was trashed on derby day and someone was killed.
Was 1990 after OT n' NOBODY was killed !

no just put in a wheelchair (a red)

yes could be blue I think.

2s0dczt.jpg

mancityvstoke said:
Maintainin said:
Was 1990 after OT n' NOBODY was killed !

no just put in a wheelchair (a red)
...yeah lad at Wetherby's, granted nobody deserves to be hospitalised match related i were juss respondin to the 'Killed' quote above as it leaves a bad taste on a sensible thread ;)

...yeah lad at Wetherby's, granted nobody deserves to be hospitalised match related i were juss respondin to the 'Killed' quote above as it leaves a bad taste on a sensible thread ;)[/quote]

Sorry,genuine mistake. No offence intended

billyscollyhurst said:
Sure it was after the 5-1 at Maine Road, a fan got stabbed and while it was closed it got torched and didn't reopen til 2005.

I'm pretty sure about this, my family all lived in Ancoats and used to drink in there, we took my grandad to the reopening and all the talk was about it being closed for 16 years (1989-2005).

Correct me if I'm wrong but you might have an argumentative 95 year old Italian on your case!
No probz mate dont wanna argumentive 95 year old on me case fella i respect em too much ;)

Twas deffo after OT in feb tho. n' yes the Kettle were a fine place to supp them days.

m27 said:
There was no bigger City pub than The Athanaeum in Town, in more ways than one.

I say 'was' because......well, can anyone confirm whether we're allowed in again yet? It's been a few years now.

being shut down, gonna be a chain restaurant of some kind - someone told me last week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.