Tram on Sunday to Etihad

Why Always Ste said:
Can't please everyone Marvin, I mean the price is what encouraged me to use it.

Also the fact I don't have to drive much (saving on fuel)
The Tram I got on was "packed" but it was liveable, it added to the atmosphere :)

I thought the price was good - £4 for a family return (2 adults + 3 kids) from Piccadilly.

The Bus charge's £1:50 each from outside Kro and and a Taxi is now around £6 to the ground and both take around half an hour.

We got on at Piccadilly station at around 1:00pm - thought it was going to be a disaster as first tram turned up with 2 carriages and was packed and no one could get on - but then literally 2 minutes later a near empty 4 carriage turned up - it took about 5 minutes to get to the ground - bloody brilliant.

I think a certain "De Niro" may have been on it as well but as I don't really know the fella I wasn't too sure.

It will benefit everyone whether you use it or not. Obviously for those who use it, it's a relatively cheap and hassle free way home, for those who persist to drive should hopefully be a noticeable reduction in traffic. Got back in record time yesterday it seemed.

AD4 said:
It will benefit everyone whether you use it or not. Obviously for those who use it, it's a relatively cheap and hassle free way home, for those who persist to drive should hopefully be a noticeable reduction in traffic. Got back in record time yesterday it seemed.

Agreed here

Didn't seem to wait in any traffic yesterday heading home.

Might even start using it myself when it gets extended to ashton

I thought all in all it was a pretty good service. There were two groups of Leeds fans on the tram in, one lot were particularly rowdy jumping up and down - thought it might come off the tracks at some points. It was busy but not uncomfortable so.

Tram back looked like a long wait but once one tram had been filled we were on the platform ready for the next one.

Cheeper and more convenient than the bus for me.

Going to the ground organisation was poor with bad queuing arrangements at Piccadilly Station - as somebody has already said get on at an earlier stop.

After the final whistle walked round from Block 212 and joined the queue for the Manchester tram in the pens which control the crowds but zig-zag far too much (Metrolink take a look). Saw one tram leave then managed to get the next one as the Metrolink staff held it back until it was full.

All in all I was very impressed as it was the first time the service had been available on a match day and I am sure they will learn from any mistakes.

Just wish there was a tram that went back to Altrincham from the Etihad then I would not have to piss about in Manchester changing trams.

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
Why Always Ste said:
Can't please everyone Marvin, I mean the price is what encouraged me to use it.

Also the fact I don't have to drive much (saving on fuel)
The Tram I got on was "packed" but it was liveable, it added to the atmosphere :)

I thought the price was good - £4 for a family return (2 adults + 3 kids) from Piccadilly.

The Bus charge's £1:50 each from outside Kro and and a Taxi is now around £6 to the ground and both take around half an hour.

We got on at Piccadilly station at around 1:00pm - thought it was going to be a disaster as first tram turned up with 2 carriages and was packed and no one could get on - but then literally 2 minutes later a near empty 4 carriage turned up - it took about 5 minutes to get to the ground - bloody brilliant.

I think a certain "De Niro" may have been on it as well but as I don't really know the fella I wasn't too sure.
he was indeed on it because i was with him.

Dexter Morgan said:
blueyorkie said:
As i travel from Yorkshire ,wondered if there Is a safe car park say 2 or 3 miles up the line towards droylesden?
You might be better coming off M62 at Blackley jct 18 getting tram at Bowker Vale straight to Etihad. park for free. Take a look.

Once the line goes to Ashton there will be a park & ride on Lord Sheldon Way Ashton, very close to Jct 23 M60, which is on A635. (If you go to google maps start point Lord Sheldon way, end point J22 M62, drag the map so that you go through a village called Lydgate, near Grasscroft to the East of Oldham). That's your best way to pick M62 up at J22 from Ashton, but don't tell anyone as more than 5 cars going up Quick Rd/ Stockport Rd. through Lydgate will be total gridlock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.