Transfer Nightmare After Winning The League

Gundogan was by no means average in his first four seasons at City. He was injured for the majority of the first, for one. But as others have mentioned, he was a fine squad player in the 17/18 season - his first proper season - and then covered for the #6 and #8 positions when De Bruyne and Fernandinho were injured for the run-in during the 18/19 season. He had a bit of a below-par season in 19/20 but, honestly, aside from Sterling and De Bruyne, so did everyone. From 20/21 he's been exceptional, but calling him average beforehand is a bit much imo.
I think average is fair, doesn’t take away his legend status now though. Don’t rewrite history it is what it is.

Have a think of the utter shite that played for us from 86 til 2008. I reckon with a spare 10 mins i could come up with a full 11 plus subs who were worse. Maybe even another 11.
Ged brannan (for example) says hi.
And I raise you.. Gerry Creaney(Paul Walsh swapped and a lot of money) And we can't even blame this one on balding Peter.

And I raise you.. Gerry Creaney(Paul Walsh swapped and a lot of money) And we can't even blame this one on balding Peter.
I see your creaney and i raise you christian negoui

Weve had some fuckin dross. Go before 86 (the year stoned rose referred to) and it gets worse. Tony cunningham. Doninic sullivan, trevor christie, and that little **** we signed from brum, robert hopkins.

But yeah, even post 86 and up to quite recent times there has been way worse than garcia. And he was shite

I think average is fair, doesn’t take away his legend status now though. Don’t rewrite history it is what it is.
Yep, people were constantly moaning that he was in the team in Pep's early seasons. What does he do? He wasn't the obvious spectacular talent of Toure or Silva. But perhaps it was more our collective failure to notice what he does, rather than him actually being average. I think people didn't really appreciate him until his 17 goal season, but even though he never repeated that, people realised how important he was for controlling games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.