Transfer Nightmare After Winning The League

Nowhere close I'm afraid mate.....
Gerry Creaney was as bad as i have ever seen and i have been going since 1968 so a proper FOC !
I remember a night game, I think Barnsley in 96/97 possibly. Think it was first or second home game of the season. I was sat in corner of North stand where it met the Main. A ball was played to him towards the corner flag where I was sat, it was easily retrievable but he was blowing out of arse and just give up without a fight. I've never forgiven him for that. He was a fucking disgrace!

Think it david whites book , he absolutely slagged hopkins. Said he was a thoroughly miserable msn who was disliked by the while squad
When he, Hopkins, went to West Brom after City. I remember him slagging off all the young players that had played in the Youth Cup winning side, saying that they were nothing special. Anyway City played West Brom quite soon after his move and when the game kicked off Paul Stewart went straight over to him and dumped him straight on his arse suggesting that he wasn't the hard man that he portrayed himself to be. He was a bit of a dick was Hopkins I always felt that he thought he was too good for City at the time even though he wasn't a very good player at all, in fact he is in the top 5 worst signings ever. In my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Nowhere close I'm afraid mate.....
Gerry Creaney was as bad as i have ever seen and i have been going since 1968 so a proper FOC !
Spot on and to think we let Paul Walsh go the other way in a deal where we gave Portsmouth money as well. Possibly one of the worse pieces of business ever.

I remember a night game, I think Barnsley in 96/97 possibly. Think it was first or second home game of the season. I was sat in corner of North stand where it met the Main. A ball was played to him towards the corner flag where I was sat, it was easily retrievable but he was blowing out of arse and just give up without a fight. I've never forgiven him for that. He was a fucking disgrace!
He wasn't in the right shape to be a professional footballer. He was too overweight.

I've always thought that the leadership of the club shat itself after we won the league in 2012 - clearly ahead of schedule.

Not sure about Begiristain but Soriano was definitely in situ as part of the 'get Guardiola' plan - I only remember that because of Bobby Manc's rant about how he should have stuck to running an airline.

The club had clearly decided that they were going all in for Pep at some point during Mancini's time at the club and I think they were worried about how they'd look giving Mancini the bullet if he'd started to build on the 2 trophies he'd won in 2 years... simple / underhanded method of dealing with the situation... hamstring Mancini in the transfer market which they knew would make him lose his rag, giving them an excuse to get rid of him, regardless of if it meant having to have a stand in (Manuel the laziest man in football) for a period until Pep was available.

I've always felt that the leaks about Mancini's position on the evening before and morning of the 2013 FA Cup final were deliberate sabotage of the first team by the hierarchy of the club.

Having been a season ticket holder since the middle of the Swales era it seems somewhat bizarre to say that turning up for a cup final at Wembley, 12 months after winning the league, I witnessed the worst pre-match atmosphere amongst City supporters in my entire time as a supporter.

Last edited:
Let's just be glad the club have never repeated the same mistakes as they did that window. We could have been doing that every window since and we'd be a bigger laughing stock than the rags. The club generally have recruited incredibly well subsequently and made the right calls in terms of letting players leave as well. This summer has been scrutinised, but Doku looks excellent, Gvardiol is undoubtedly a fantastic player, Kovacic slotted right in pre-injury and it's only Nunes where you query if we made the right choice. And even then he's already shown glimpses of what he can do and delivered assists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.