Trevor Sinclair

Whether you agree with Sinclair’s root point or not, it’s amazing how ‘snowflakes seeking out offence’ and ‘cancel culture’ only seems to work one way, isn’t it?
These are strange times. Some on the right seem to have become the perennially offended, whilst others on the left are suddenly free speech advocates. Almost like both sides just take a stance depending on what suits them on any particular issue!

Which side would you say you were on?

How do you feel about a certain thread in a sub-forum?
The Left are 100% not free speech advocates. When I was growing up the big difference was that the left would listen to anyone and fight their cause. The Right would want anyone they didn't agree with banned. It has done a 180.

The Left are 100% not free speech advocates. When I was growing up the big difference was that the left would listen to anyone and fight their cause. The Right would want anyone they didn't agree with banned. It has done a 180.
Hmm, I think you’ve not been keeping up to date with things mate.

I think the tipping point was GB News and whatever the other new channel is called with Piers Moron on.

Might have been Meghan that prompted the seesaw flipping the other way.

The left have become perennially offended, and the right are suddenly free speech advocates?!
The Right haven't become advocates of free speech but unfortunately they appear more open than the Left - especially on this forum. The vast majority of abuse on here is from the posters on the Left - the reason I steer clear of the Politics forum. The Left 100% have taken on the mantel of being offended. I genuinely despair of it. Born in Govan, raised in Manchester and absolutely embarrassed by the current Left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.