Trevor Sinclair

If ever there was a moment where if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all THIS was it.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason Trevor just blurted out what was in his head. He clearly has an issue with racism, but I think he uses it as some sort of shield to cover for his own personal inadequacies and there tends to be alcohol involved.

I heard Trev was at Doncaster races all day and was obviously pissed when he he thought it clever to post something he thought would court some admiration amongst friends from his black and Irish background. In the sober light of the following day he was obviously horrified upon the realisation of what he had done and the reaction it had caused.

His Twitter page has now reappeared with a half hearted apology, simply calling his tweet "ill timed". I don't think that will wash somehow.

Regardless whether Talksport sack him or not is the problem that his reputation is permanently tarnished, his academy will suffer badly as parents will no doubt move their kids away. If Talksport continue with him he will be nowhere near a phone in programme as many callers will no doubt not hold back. Rodney Marsh springs to mind, he rarely appears on UK TV and radio since his Tsunami joke/gaff on Soccer Saturday.

The old adage is true, "never post when pissed"!!!

He will be back on talkSHITE by the end of next week. It’s a minor misdemeanour to that station.

I think one way or another he will leave talksport, he’s obviously going to really struggle to find work after that, maybe a one off interview discussing the situation and a live apology
Given his M.O for the use of the race card I feel if he does get sacked he will be everywhere with stuff like “ so white Jamie Carragher can be physically spit into a teenage girls face and keep his job but black Trevor get sacked for some words that might have hurt somebody’s feelings “

I agree with most of what you posted but I would disagree on one point although you didn't actually say that the Queen should not be respected. However, several posters have. I have been to funerals of people who have not had an effect on my life, in fact next week I will go to a funeral for the husband of an ex work colleague. Before during and after I will be respectful. That is how individuals behave when the have a sense of responsibility. I can see how it would be different if a person who had wronged you had died. But as you said the Queen or the monarchy has had little effect on our lives despite the fact that she has been around for 70 years. Therefore, we show respect for the feelings of those whose lives she has touched and left with positive memories, many of whom are ordinary people like ourselves.
The fundamental difference is is that none of us are going to her funeral.

This forum is more akin to your work canteen when you are discussing the person that has died and people would speak far more openly than they would whilst actually at the funeral.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.