Txiki Begiristain

One of the main reasons we won the league last year is because Ilkay Gundogan stepped up and delivered more goals than anyone could have expected.

Riyad Mahrez has done the same this year, but will it be enough this time? Particularly when the final standings may well be decided on goal difference or goals scored..

A top level striker like Harry Kane would almost certainly have a significantly higher shot rate, and goals/shots ratio than both Gundogan and Mahrez.

In my opinion, if we don't win the PL this year, it will be down as much to our not paying the necessary for Harry Kane last summer, as it would be to Liverpool's exceptional season.

We dragged our feet in the market last summer. Pep and Txiki will be well aware of that, and that's why they'll go all out to get Haaland, regardless of wage demands etc.

It smacks very much of the Robin Van Persie situation to me. We should have learned from that.
His signing was, in my opinion, the beginning of the scum's hilarious decline. Sheer desperation from Pisscan and one final roll of the dice.

His knees were fucked and they played him pretty much to death in 12/13. So much so that he was a waste of wages after that.

Set the tone for their gloriously wank transfer policy ever since.

I hope to fuck we never go down that route.

You must be joking.

You do know that Pep Guardiola actually wanted Harry Kane in the summer? You're effectively saying that Pep wanted a player who would disrupt his system. That's absolute nonsense.

Kane would score 30+ a season in the current squad, and Pep knows that. On paper, only Erling Haaland offers more than Kane. We know how good Kane is in the PL, we'll have to wait and see if Haaland delivers when ge gets here.
No, you’re guessing. Not all signings succeed, Pep might’ve hoped that Kane would score 30 goals but he hoped Mendy would make a top class left back and Bravo a top keeper. He hoped to sign Messi and Ronaldo too - how would they have worked out??

Kane’s legs are going and when Txiki didn’t deem it sensible to pay top dollar for a fading, past his best, injury prone striker he did the right thing.

His signing was, in my opinion, the beginning of the scum's hilarious decline. Sheer desperation from Pisscan and one final roll of the dice.

His knees were fucked and they played him pretty much to death in 12/13. So much so that he was a waste of wages after that.

Set the tone for their gloriously wank transfer policy ever since.

I hope to fuck we never go down that route.
Not signing Van Persie cost us the title in 12/13.. It would have been worth every penny just for that one season.

No, you’re guessing. Not all signings succeed, Pep might’ve hoped that Kane would score 30 goals but he hoped Mendy would make a top class left back and Bravo a top keeper. He hoped to sign Messi and Ronaldo too - how would they have worked out??

Kane’s legs are going and when Txiki didn’t deem it sensible to pay top dollar for a fading, past his best, injury prone striker he did the right thing.
Keep digging son, I can still see you.

Messi was always going to fail outside La Liga.
Ronaldo is scoring goals in a shit team with virtually no decent service.

You're a nutcase.

Not signing Van Persie cost us the title in 12/13.. It would have been worth every penny just for that one season.
It certainly did, and winning it 12/13 would have been great.

But I look rather more fondly at the four we've won since, especially as they've been based on a long-term, sensible transfer and coaching/management philosophy.

How have the rags done post 12/13, by the way?

It certainly did, and winning it 12/13 would have been great.

But I look rather more fondly at the four we've won since, especially as they've been based on a long-term, sensible transfer and coaching/management philosophy.

How have the rags done post 12/13, by the way?
I don't think we can pinpoint the rags decline at the Van Persie signing. They were largely 'on track' to rebuild reasonably sensibly post-pisscan until they got impatient and sacked Moyes.

Trying to be as unbiased as possible, I have to say that although the rags are mismanaged shite, they've not actually fallen apart (yet) and have always been there or thereabouts when it comes to the top 4.

I genuinely hope that we are able to say the same 9 or 10 years after Pep leaves City, as he's going to be a lot harder to replace than any of us can probably imagine.

Keep digging son, I can still see you.

Messi was always going to fail outside La Liga.
Ronaldo is scoring goals in a shit team with virtually no decent service.

You're a nutcase.
You didn’t used to be abusive. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing.

Were you screaming from the rooftops that we should’ve signed Kane during our 12 match winning streak when all and sundry were hailing the genius of our system ?

I bet you weren’t ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.