Txiki Begiristain

Fair point, but it was Van Persie who made the difference that season. We definitely wanted him, we should have bullied the rags out of the picture.

Funny how Liverpool are currently happy to collect strikers - they've got five or six in their squad at the moment!

5 or 6 like who

Short term is rarely one year. Nobody any good signs a one rear contract, a team is left with fitting them into a squad and wage bill for longer. Any player signing for Pep needs longer than a year.
Our policy after Aguero was to try and get Kane,failing that our second best option was waiting until a player we felt was suitable long term to becaome available.
This is good policy, bad policy would have been to clog up the squad with the wrong player, somebody like Ings.

1 year is short term I don’t understand what your on about. A player could sign any length of contract and can still be viewed as short term if they only last for a short period of time 12 18 months

1 year is short term I don’t understand what your on about. A player could sign any length of contract and can still be viewed as short term if they only last for a short period of time 12 18 months
Yes and it’s not something we would or should do. The reason we have had the success over a longer period we have is because we avoided short term signings for short term gain.

Yes and it’s not something we would or should do. The reason we have had the success over a longer period we have is because we avoided short term signings for short term gain.
Sorry your still not making sense what do you mean 1 year is rarely short term ?

I would have thought 1 year is the very definition of short term

5 or 6 like who
Exactly. They’ve got one - Origi. At a push you could argue Firmino is a striker, albeit one that hardly scores these days, but I’d say he’s more of a false 9

Last edited:
Sorry your still not making sense what do you mean 1 year is rarely short term ?

I would have thought 1 year is the very definition of short term
Because you can’t sign a player as a 1 year stop gap, when the year is up and you bring in the player you really want that player is still an expense in wages, still takes up a squad place. Their fee is still on the accounts for ffp. So while it may be a short term benefit the burden is a longer term problem.
Say we bought Ings a short term solution to not getting Kane it may have helped this season, probably not, but then we’d be stuck with him in the squad for years when we bring in the player we want say Haaland.

Because you can’t sign a player as a 1 year stop gap, when the year is up and you bring in the player you really want that player is still an expense in wages, still takes up a squad place. Their fee is still on the accounts for ffp. So while it may be a short term benefit the burden is a longer term problem.
Say we bought Ings a short term solution to not getting Kane it may have helped this season, probably not, but then we’d be stuck with him in the squad for years when we bring in the player we want say Haaland.

o I agree with all that I just didn’t understand that was what you where Saying you said short term is rarely 1 year I took it too literally for some reason as in one year is not always short term

We have unearthed some real bargains since the takeover and before Txiki.
Zaba
Vincent
clichy
Yaya
David
Sergio
Navas?
Dinho

And some dross

Since Txiki we have had bargains.
Bernado
Jesus
Ederson
Z

But no dross.

It's only Grealish for £100 million that stands out and only on the price.

However we still need a left back and a real presence up front.

Both Navas and Dinho were signed under Txiki

txiki is doing a fucking brilliant job, carry on the good work, im not into buying a striker for the sake of it, it has to be a striker who will improve us not one to make the numbers up.

i said it before ,whenever we don't get the result we want this thread always jumps to the top, and that isn't very often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.