Txiki Begiristain

But not being a victim of short termism led to the success of the subsequent years, and so was the right thing.
Short term is 1 year. Its while you bridge a gap between long term spells. Our short term policy after Kun is to do without a true goal scorer. Hopefully our long term Haaland plan will soon kick in.

You didn’t used to be abusive. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing.

Were you screaming from the rooftops that we should’ve signed Kane during our 12 match winning streak when all and sundry were hailing the genius of our system ?

I bet you weren’t ;-)
I've always thought we should have signed a top class striker. Whether Kane or A N Other, we were taking a risk going into the season without a recognised striker.

We may yet pay the price.

Short term is 1 year. Its while you bridge a gap between long term spells. Our short term policy after Kun is to do without a true goal scorer. Hopefully our long term Haaland plan will soon kick in.
Short term is rarely one year. Nobody any good signs a one rear contract, a team is left with fitting them into a squad and wage bill for longer. Any player signing for Pep needs longer than a year.
Our policy after Aguero was to try and get Kane,failing that our second best option was waiting until a player we felt was suitable long term to becaome available.
This is good policy, bad policy would have been to clog up the squad with the wrong player, somebody like Ings.

Sorry if the facts don’t suit your agenda
I have no agenda. I just say what I believe.

I believe that we wouldn't be where we are now without Pep, and that we wouldn't have Pep without Txiki.

I don't for one minute think that they haven't made serious mistakes, but as I've said in the past, it's a lot easier to gamble with someone else's money.

I suspect that Txiki may leave when Pep goes. That's when the problems start.

It certainly did, and winning it 12/13 would have been great.

But I look rather more fondly at the four we've won since, especially as they've been based on a long-term, sensible transfer and coaching/management philosophy.

How have the rags done post 12/13, by the way?
They got addicted to buying older and older strikers.

Rumours have it they’re after Batistuta in the summer.

Wasn't that simple; we had 4 strikers, Mancini didn't know who to get rid of.
Until we did we weren't signing Van Persie
Fair point, but it was Van Persie who made the difference that season. We definitely wanted him, we should have bullied the rags out of the picture.

Funny how Liverpool are currently happy to collect strikers - they've got five or six in their squad at the moment!

I have no agenda. I just say what I believe.

I believe that we wouldn't be where we are now without Pep, and that we wouldn't have Pep without Txiki.

I don't for one minute think that they haven't made serious mistakes, but as I've said in the past, it's a lot easier to gamble with someone else's money.

I suspect that Txiki may leave when Pep goes. That's when the problems start.
Mistakes maybe but serious ones, like what ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.