Txiki Begiristain

Some of our fans expect perfection in every role of the club from top to bottom.
Life doesn't quite work like that.
I'll take the next best thing and that's employ the best we possibly can in those roles and see what the end result is.
It's working quite well i think.

I've always thought we should have signed a top class striker. Whether Kane or A N Other, we were taking a risk going into the season without a recognised striker.

We may yet pay the price.
We didn't need a top class striker. Just someone who could contribute to the system and was a better finisher than our midfielders.

We have unearthed some real bargains since the takeover and before Txiki.
Zaba
Vincent
clichy
Yaya
David
Sergio
Navas?
Dinho

And some dross

Since Txiki we have had bargains.
Bernado
Jesus
Ederson
Z

But no dross.

It's only Grealish for £100 million that stands out and only on the price.

However we still need a left back and a real presence up front.

Granted we've had a lot of hits recently, but no dross?

Jovetic
Cabelerro
Demechellis
Mangala
Bony
Fernando
Navas
Sagna
Nolito
Bravo

All signed under Txiki and range from "meh" to "are we caught up in a ponzi scheme or something"

We didn't need a top class striker. Just someone who could contribute to the system and was a better finisher than our midfielders.
Players that can do both to a high enough standard are very rare, Kane was one. With no Kane we were better waiting for the right player not a stop gap. Which is what we have done, and will be better for it.

Granted we've had a lot of hits recently, but no dross?

Jovetic
Cabelerro
Demechellis
Mangala
Bony
Fernando
Navas
Sagna
Nolito
Bravo

All signed under Txiki and range from "meh" to "are we caught up in a ponzi scheme or something"
Were they all Txiki signings ? and weren't all bad signings. Demechelis was a very good signing. Mangala and Bony the only bad signings there for me.

Were they all Txiki signings ? and weren't all bad signings. Demechelis was a very good signing. Mangala and Bony the only bad signings there for me.

There's something that list of players have in common which is rarely spoken about in these discussions. City were under investigations/sanctions during that period due to FFP. The club had to actively cut their cloth accordingly in terms of fees and wages spent.

The onset of that investigation coincided with Mancini's title winning summer and it was made crystal clear to everyone involved that we would have to sell to buy. I appreciate that to some children on the internet Bobby slamming his fist on a table and saying "get me Van Persie and De Rossi" was enough, but for the very smart people who run the club, they had a longer term view of how to deal with their investments.

Anyway all's well, that ends well. It is really bizarre to think that we can be the envy of the footballing world and yet simultaneously Bluemoon's greatest minds have decreed that they know how to do it better. Funny shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.