UAP/UFO thread - Non-Human Intelligences

I don’t think anyone says it’s evidence of an absence of life, or even other intelligent life within this universe. What it says is if there is other life similar to ours the absence of any evidence means it’s at best very rare.
People guess it’s possible in the future we may be able to travel to other solar systems or other galaxies even, but it’s just that,a guess at the moment we haven’t even sent a probe out of our solar system.
I’d say it’s equally as likely if not more that travel between galaxies and maybe even stars in the same galaxy just won’t be possible in the lifespan of any intelligent species.

A few other possible reasons:

From our side, we aren't scientifically advanced enough to identify tell-tale signs of life elsewhere.

From the "aliens" side: the planet nay not interesting enough to stand out; we may not be advanced enough to be interesting; we may not have been detectable for long enough to be found; as one of 20 billion possible planets with life there may be other priorities; atmosphere analysis shows life will be extinguished on earth soon anyway, so what's the point; alien civilisations are so far away that they are seeing the earth as it was hundreds, thousands or millions of years ago; advanced civilisations maybe don't have the curiosity humans currently do to explore.

Just off the top of my head. Probably a hundred more.

All of which came from earth , this is talking about inter galaxy or inter stellar travel visiting earth and leaving stuff behind, which would leave elecrto magnetic evidence, we can look back to the big bang those signals hanging around the solar system would stand out like a sore thumb.
Therevmay be stuff out in deep space we haven’t found, there is nothing in our back yard.

Immaterial to both my and your points, which are about assuming what we know and evidence or lack of.

1694797494120.jpeg
1694797707420.gifA bit like trying to explain science in here.
This is small Dougal.
Those are far away. 1694797776490.jpegThat’s pretty much our understanding of technology required to travel from one to the other.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone says it’s evidence of an absence of life, or even other intelligent life within this universe. What it says is if there is other life similar to ours the absence of any evidence means it’s at best very rare.
People guess it’s possible in the future we may be able to travel to other solar systems or other galaxies even, but it’s just that,a guess at the moment we haven’t even sent a probe out of our solar system.
I’d say it’s equally as likely if not more that travel between galaxies and maybe even stars in the same galaxy just won’t be possible in the lifespan of any intelligent species.
Voyagers 1 and 2 left the solar system and entered interstellar space some years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.