UEFA confirm their bid to stop City and keep Utd succesful

If we continually turn our owners spending into equity, then we're not running up debt... If we open an account under the clubs name and dump a shitload in there, then again its the clubs money to spend how we wish, without creating debt.

I don't think any governing body can tell a company in the black how to spend thier money (or even in the red, if managable).

I don't think we have much to worry about, ther'll be plenty of loop holes because Platini and Blatter are propper fucking looney's.

flb said:
Tueart1976 said:
If this does go through wouldn't it undermine the European competitions in general? By barring teams then they'll be losing out on getting the best in Europe.

So if a team wins the PL but the spending is not inline with their turnover then they would be barred. The CL spot would then go to the next best place team, and continue down the league until it reaches a team that is spending within its limits. This would mean the likes of Bolton and Fulham would be playing CL football... hmmmm...can just see their little competitions becoming meaningless very quickly.

Correct and also how can you judge each club fairly?

For example a season ticket at chelsea is roughly £1200 and at City its £500 !!!

Chelsea already have an unfair advantage on turnover because of how much they nail there fans!!!

Lets build a stadium of 150 000 and sell season tickets for 250-300... investments in stadiums are allowed. Also go insane on investing in youth development. Build youth academies in every country in the world :D

"We want a healthier environment which will allow smaller clubs to invest in their infrastructure and be able to compete with the bigger clubs, knowing that they can only spend what they earn."

contradicts himself within one sentence. brilliant!

simple solution, as has already been pointed out, would be for sheikh mansour to sponsor us.

The clubs that qualify each season for the ECL receive a large amount of revenue from that comp. By enforcing rules based on turnover it is unfair to the clubs not qualifying as they don't have that revenue stream. This is in effect a cartel, as the rules make it almost impossible for them to break into the ECL. Cartels are, I believe, illegal in Europe.
UEFA will also have to invent a formulae to calculate the differences in ticket prices due to regional differences and also exchange rates. It is also unfair that some clubs have bigger stadiums. I would say that this proposal is ill thought out and will be challenged as an unfair business practice. What ever the legislators say it will be up to the courts to decide and that could take years

kramer said:
The clubs that qualify each season for the ECL receive a large amount of revenue from that comp. By enforcing rules based on turnover it is unfair to the clubs not qualifying as they don't have that revenue stream. This is in effect a cartel, as the rules make it almost impossible for them to break into the ECL. Cartels are, I believe, illegal in Europe.
UEFA will also have to invent a formulae to calculate the differences in ticket prices due to regional differences and also exchange rates. It is also unfair that some clubs have bigger stadiums. I would say that this proposal is ill thought out and will be challenged as an unfair business practice. What ever the legislators say it will be up to the courts to decide and that could take years

Also the 3 years thing. If United/Liverpool cant get a CL spot for 2 years but do it on the third while spending more than they earn the first 2 years the can still continue to play in the competition.

Not many people know that the region of the world where Sheikh Mansour business interests are registered, they are not at liberty to divulge financial results/turnover/assets.

This is a constitutional thing - the reason why nobody actually knows what the Abu Dhabi Sovereign Wealth fund is actually worth.

The highest courts in the land, never mind UEFA, will ever have the full picture on what City's true financial picture will ever be.

On a separate issue, United's turnover also includes revenue streams from an extensive property portfolio. If we are to be excluded from going down a similar route, as it is not directly related to footballing turnover, they are fooked.

The Manchester Airport Freight Terminal and such like.

Blatter and Plattini risk alienating the bigger clubs including those in Italy and Spain.

When the English FA tried to make the big clubs go a way the big clubs didn't want to go, the Premier League was formed. If they (EUFA, Blatter et al) carry on with their obsession I can see the major European teams (hopefully including us by then) breaking away to form their own European competition. The television money will go with the big names.

Hopefully, the head honcho's at our clubs are already putting their heads together and forming a plan to make Blatter and Plattini step in line or they will be left as dictators to a tin-pot empire.

Either way I still think the future is bright blue!

This rule is a fucking joke. Why anybody would want to stop wealthy people from investing money into their sport is beyond me. Its leeches like the Glaziers and the two at Liverpool that they should be targeting as they are taking money out of the sport. I read somewhere recently that Utd had spent 300million on interest and other fees since the Glaziers took charge, think of what good that money could have done for football in Europe in terms of youth development and supporting smaller clubs through the trickle down effect of transfer fees. What UEFA are trying to do is insane and shows them up for the bug clubs cartel they really are. Even if there plan does work in the long term it will fuck them up anyway as people will get sick to debt (pardon the pun) of having only 4-6 teams capable winning the champions league indefinitely.

However, I cant see how they will actually be able to enforce this as others have said the Sheik could pump money in through other businesses he is associated with, sell season tickets to relatives for 100s of millions or simply make another large cash donation to the club prior to the rules coming in to force.

Another way around all this shit would be to have his team in Abu Dhabi, who have fuck all to do with UEFA, buy lets say Messi for whatever price and on whatever wages and then loan him to us free of charge for the duration of his contract. There is absolutely nothing they could do to stop this bar preventing loans altogether.

Joke of a rule, joke of an organisation and we will be the ones laughing at the end of it.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not many people know that the region of the world where Sheikh Mansour business interests are registered, they are not at liberty to divulge financial results/turnover/assets.

This is a constitutional thing - the reason why nobody actually knows what the Abu Dhabi Sovereign Wealth fund is actually worth.

The highest courts in the land, never mind UEFA, will ever have the full picture on what City's true financial picture will ever be.

On a separate issue, United's turnover also includes revenue streams from an extensive property portfolio. If we are to be excluded from going down a similar route, as it is not directly related to footballing turnover, they are fooked.

That was going to be my question. Do the rules state that turnover has to come, directly, from football related activities? If we build a Manchester City hotel somewhere in Manchester, or London, or Abu Dhabi for that matter, and bring in £20m in turnover from that, is that not allowed? If United can sell Manchester United bubble bath from stores in Malaysia and count it towards turnover then what's the difference?

I also think UEFA is biting off a hell off a lot more than they can cope with here if they think they can do an accurate assessment of so many clubs finances in a relatively short period of time. City and United have only just released their financial figures for the year up to April/May 2009, so WAY after entry to the 2009 European Cups was decided. Plus, can City not relocate their main HQ/registered offices to Abu Dhabi and therefore, based on local law, not be obliged to release their financial records?

I'm sure this UEFA "decision" won't have come as a surpriseto ADUG, they'll have the World's best financial experts and lawyers working on this to find loopholes and ways of getting round it.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

But if "external" revenue streams are included then errrmmmmm............. dont we own a few oil well's..... and if not now then maybe in the future. I can just see it now "Blue Moon unleaded" and "Blue Moon" Petrol stations opening up all over the country....lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.