UEFA confirm their bid to stop City and keep Utd succesful

I'm trying to think of any other group of commercial enterprises that would actively seek to block huge amounts of capital investment from external sources but I know I'm going to fail. The lunatics are taking over the asylum if these rules are enforced.

There is no way the football authorities will have the time or expertise to look into every clubs audited accounts and make judgements before the beginning of the new season as to what revenues are allowed and what are not allowed.

It took our FA close to a year to decide whether to deduct West Ham points over the Tevez scandal, I cant see that they (or any other football authority) will ever be able to implement these proposals properly. We'd end up in a situation where a whole lot of clubs would be locked in appeals process over disputed financial figures and a mickey mouse european competition.

I assume turnover includes revenue from sponsorship - so ADUG are our sponsor in one form or another e.g. Etihad and they give us 300mill in sponsorship every year. What is the problem with that.

Cobwebcat said:
BLUENATIC said:
This sounds fuckin terrible. So let me know if I've got this right. The likes of united are ok to join the champs league despite being hugely in debt due to their shady owners who are clearly more interested in their own gain
As opposed to city having a benefactor pumping his own money in to build us up. We are disqualified from europe because we haven't made boy money from europe and don't sell shirts etc in the far east? A simplistic view i know but is that what's going to happen? It stinks if so...

CORRECT

Cobweb, appreciate your own take on this.

But what I can say, the owners are closer to the situation that you think in terms of our ability to combat it.

They have not distanced themselves from UEFA or Platini, despite what others may think. The plans for growing our turnover over the next decade, will make our current spending outlay equate to chicken feed.

We will consolidate a position which will see us unable to realistically spend each year, what we generate.

The irony of UEFA's plans should not be lost on anybody. They are actually giving us free reign to build the club into the biggest in the world, with a clear mandate to grow expedentially, every facet of the club.

As much as the traditionalists and our rivals will not like it, the changes which will take place in a very short space of time, will leave most obervers breathless.

Our turnover will surpass Chelsea's in the next two years, and be up with United, not long after.

This won't come in, and if it does fuck em, we will start our own Champs League without any stupid rules and everyone will join ours and UEFA off mwuahahaha

mcfcinprague said:
I assume turnover includes revenue from sponsorship - so ADUG are our sponsor in one form or another e.g. Etihad and they give us 300mill in sponsorship every year. What is the problem with that.
I think thats why we have that Ferrostaal deal, they are owned by Sheikh Mansour

I have every faith in the people in power at City to have all bases covered on this.

I haven't had time to read all the posts but isn’t this going to come in in three years time if it goes thru, plus clubs will not be banned unless the break the rules for three years, that’s --- SIX --- years before we have a problem even without a legal challenge, With our money we should be one of the so called big boys miles before then.

The best one is internal sponsorship, they would have to ban any sponsorship from your own country to stop our owners sponsoring the club with any money they want, because there is no way the will be able to check who actually owns a company in ABU D. this would mean no Italian clubs sponsored by Italian companies etc

mcfcinprague said:

The Sheikh reckons he has 72 cousins, all of them clamouring to pay £192 million each for a corporate box season card.

The way I read it it, is we have our Sheik before any of these rules have been established i.e it will be harder once the rules are in place for anyone else to do what the sheik has done here to any other club. I also can't see too much problems ahead as within the next two years we have the chance to lay the bedrock of success before the idiots put their rules into place.

If I were Blatter and Platini......I would be extremely careful about pissing off the sheiks that can get a F1 track built and operational in less than a year.....good god if they really thought about it they could probably bank roll their own version of the chumps league!!

And we'd get the cheapest flights out there too : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.