UEFA confirm their bid to stop City and keep Utd succesful

With the development of facilities aroudn the ground, business in our name it wont be hard to make money. The rest of the worlds top clubs do it.
Chelsea, madrid.

So city on the names of international hotels, resturants. Uefa has hard as they try, cant limited the growth of business at the club. Adug have a wealth brands to their name, of course they can use them to sponsor the club

For those of you about to write "don't worry we can charge £10 million for an exec box or get internal sponsorship" this will not be allowed by UEFA under these rules. More than any other club this rule is aimed at us and as such there won't be any loopholes.

I dont see how you can legally stop sponsorship from seperate companies.

What if the owner put down an endowment, with the club to be spnt on footballing matter only. Uefa cant break european laws!

This sounds fuckin terrible. So let me know if I've got this right. The likes of united are ok to join the champs league despite being hugely in debt due to their shady owners who are clearly more interested in their own gain
As opposed to city having a benefactor pumping his own money in to build us up. We are disqualified from europe because we haven't made boy money from europe and don't sell shirts etc in the far east? A simplistic view i know but is that what's going to happen? It stinks if so...

Cobwebcat said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Surely at some point the rags debt will become an issue, they cant simply sink deeper and deeper without at some point paying the price(be it with UEFA or the banks), right now it seems they are like a drowning man in the North Sea, sure they have found something to hold onto to keep the from sinking this minute, but its carrying them out deeper and deeper. UEFA can change the rules all they like but the facts are that the rags are broke WITH ALL THE MONEY they get from the CL. However they change the rules the rags are more fucked than us, as are Liverpool for that matter and the Prem League has said it won't change the rules here, so we are set, they can even lock the same 4 clubs into the CL slots(which might well be their next step anyway).

With these rules in place it ensures that over the long term the clubs in the CL in debt will remain strong and prevent new clubs from competing. However, yes debt is still important in that they still have to pay interest on it but this rule certainly helps them rather than us.
My point is more that UEFA can't protect them from the real world, its a little like Storrie on the BBC saying how good the postion was at Portsmouth now(they have no bank debt).......That hasn't stopped them not paying the players/staff or tax man! Yes the rags can play in Europe but they can't afford to pay the top money and this rule won't change that, they will grow weaker and weaker over time.

Surley this will effect Utd as well as next year they wont have a £80m inject like the Ronaldo sale next year unless they cash in on Shrek.

BLUENATIC said:
This sounds fuckin terrible. So let me know if I've got this right. The likes of united are ok to join the champs league despite being hugely in debt due to their shady owners who are clearly more interested in their own gain
As opposed to city having a benefactor pumping his own money in to build us up. We are disqualified from europe because we haven't made boy money from europe and don't sell shirts etc in the far east? A simplistic view i know but is that what's going to happen? It stinks if so...

CORRECT

Our owners would know about this and they would have as plan. One is just making the stadium bigger to bring in more bums on seats, the other is that massive concept design we've all seen.
We're in a very nice position, when you have money... you'll end up making more money then the rest. Im just interested to see what the place will look by n 5 years

PaulPowre said:
Surley this will effect Utd as well as next year they wont have a £80m inject like the Ronaldo sale next year unless they cash in on Shrek.

You're still thinking in terms of profit. This is only linked to turnover which United still have in abundance. United's financial problems are not affected by this at all. They're still going to struggle financially but they will be allowed in the Chumps League if they qualify regardless of whether they are making a loss every year or not so long as their turnover remains high.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Cobwebcat said:
With these rules in place it ensures that over the long term the clubs in the CL in debt will remain strong and prevent new clubs from competing. However, yes debt is still important in that they still have to pay interest on it but this rule certainly helps them rather than us.
My point is more that UEFA can't protect them from the real world, its a little like Storrie on the BBC saying how good the postion was at Portsmouth now(they have no bank debt).......That hasn't stopped them not paying the players/staff or tax man! Yes the rags can play in Europe but they can't afford to pay the top money and this rule won't change that, they will grow weaker and weaker over time.

True they still have their debts but this rule is designed to help them clear it through continued success. They would get weaker and weaker without this rule but this throws them a lifeline and potentially is a disaster for us by comparison. I still think I prefer our position to United's but it's close now (unless we forget Europe in which case no worries)

In this statement UEFA say they are expecting legal challenges so you can stick another 2 years on their timetable for implementation - I also don´t believe this will make the leveraged clubs stronger - depends entirely HOW MUCH they´re leveraged and in Scums case we will be talking the GDP of a developing country!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.