UEFA Independent Inquiry

Seeing as all the data from the QR codes also goes the scanning system at the stadium, it would mean it has to be someone at the ticket agency that has access to all the data.
No, it means someone who had access to the tickets had access to the data.

In the case of tickets obtained via a ticket agency that could mean the ticket agency, or it could mean someone at UEFA before the tickets were dispatched to the agency.

And if the tickets came via the club, it could mean that someone either at UEFA or at the club had access to the QR codes.

Even now, though, I haven't heard of any problems with the QR codes at the Madrid end.

I don't think your prediction will be far out. It looks like there were at least a couple of thousand fakes which is bad enough. That said it seems very strange for a French Government Minister to claim there were 40,000 fakes. Being so definite about a figure leaves him open to losing his job when he could have been a bit more cautious. Certainly the French will have to provide some evidence. Some Liverpool fans are obviously culpable but you can't blame those who missed the match because of the twats who jibbed in. I have seen the French police in action before. They are the worst in Europe in my view (worse even than those in Madrid). I also believe Paris is one of the worst places to host any event because crime is out of control there and the streets are not safe. Most of the locals treat visitors with contempt especially English ones.
Yeah, the numbers he was claiming were frankly ludicrous, I don't know why anyone would take them seriously. I suspect they'll be a bit worse than the British press and Liverpool have claimed. Somewhere between hundreds and a few thousand seems about right to me as well. We'll see I suppose. Digital tickets for everyone going forward I imagine, easiest way to do it.

its correct with the QR codes.

I had two tickets for Rangers away in Vienna a few years ago. Got all the way to the turnstile to be told my ticket had been used.

Despite pleading security wouldn't allow us in, so we went to the pub back in the city centre.

Turns out security ended up letting everyone in waiting outside

At the Real semi final names were printed on tickets and checked against passports, and I know at least one person who chanced it and was turned away. The easiest thing to do, surely, would be something similar?
That wouldn't work. For our match, names were hand written on and it was those names checked against IDs. Anyone buying a snide ticket would just write their own name on.
The only way that would make paper tickets more secure would be for the database to contain the name of the ticket owner giving the pre-checker with a scanner the ability to check the name that comes up against ID but that takes time. I have never seen that implemented anywhere. Much easier to have electronic tickets with QR codes (or any other type of code for that matter) that regularly update in accordance with an algorithm.

Last edited:
All I've seen is a couple of screengrabs of the same one or two posts. If they really were as widespread then it won't be difficult for the inquiry to identify that. I'm more than happy to wait and see how it plays out.
Those couple of posts on RAWK seem to back up the story that a lot of fakes were knocking about. One poster even estimated 90% of those around him in the queue where he was had snide tickets. That's an astonishing figure and while it's highly unlikely that it is representative of all Liverpool fans who made their way to the stadium (as that would mean something like 200,000 Liverpool fans went to the ground given that they had an allocation of around 20,000 tickets), it does give an idea of the scale of the problem. I wouldn't mind betting that more fans rocked up with fakes than did with genuine tickets.

No, it means someone who had access to the tickets had access to the data.

In the case of tickets obtained via a ticket agency that could mean the ticket agency, or it could mean someone at UEFA before the tickets were dispatched to the agency.

And if the tickets came via the club, it could mean that someone either at UEFA or at the club had access to the QR codes.

Even now, though, I haven't heard of any problems with the QR codes at the Madrid end.
It came from the club, someone has passed on all the details to someone else who has then reproduced a shit load of tickets for the black market. No reason for anyone at Eufa to bother with it.

It came from the club, someone has passed on all the details to someone else who has then reproduced a shit load of tickets for the black market. No reason for anyone at Eufa to bother with it.

I'd wait and see what the inquiry says. I think you're right, because all the snides seem to be in the Liverpool end, but its not the only possibility.

If you watch that clip from Sky TV from the fanzone before the game where they said 50 thousand liverpool fans were in Paris, someone from TAW said a load of UEFA tickets had become available shortly before the game and had been snapped up by Liverpool fans.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out what really went on.

Those couple of posts on RAWK seem to back up the story that a lot of fakes were knocking about. One poster even estimated 90% of those around him in the queue where he was had snide tickets. That's an astonishing figure and while it's highly unlikely that it is representative of all Liverpool fans who made their way to the stadium (as that would mean something like 200,000 Liverpool fans went to the ground given that they had an allocation of around 20,000 tickets), it does give an idea of the scale of the problem. I wouldn't mind betting that more fans rocked up with fakes than did with genuine tickets.
I've seen a couple of the Rawk posts, and those posters have double digits and only seemed to join fairly recently. I don't know if they are the same ones? If they were doing something similar here claiming to be City fans I'd...be cynical. I certainly think there were some fake tickets knocking about, I'm just not as convinced as some others that they account for all the issues. But like I say, I'm happy enough to see how the inquiry plays out.

Someone saying 90% were fakes is about as credible as a reporter saying there weren't any. The only way of knowing is when the tickets are scanned and found to have already been used. The only people who would be in possession of that information would be the French organisers. If the French authorities said 40,000 duplicate tickets were scanned there's no real reason to disbelieve them. If they were making it up they would more likely use a number that sounded more credible. Hopefully it will be possible for the French to work out exactly how many tickets were cloned. I suspect it's in the low hundreds but each one cloned quite a few times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.