UEFA's plans for "summer footbal"

burning blue soul said:
Just so I have this right, I am going to recap...

Uefa and FIFA want to move the season over the summer months to accommodate the Qatar world cup?

What will they do about the Russian one?

What about all the other sports that rely on the football close season to promote their own game and attract new players?

Why have all sports being played at the same time and then a big gap of feck all when it goes dark early?

What about when the olympics are staged will the season float back to it's original position?

What about the European championships, will that also be held in the winter, in Sweden?

I think we may have the two stupidest people in the world running the beautiful game, and this is very worrying.

Can someone please make me feel better and Photoshop their heads onto dumb and dumber!!!
i can see clubs abandoning uefa,which may or may not be a good thing.

Just so I have this right, I am going to recap...

Uefa and FIFA want to move the season over the summer months to accommodate the Qatar world cup?

What will they do about the Russian one?

What about all the other sports that rely on the football close season to promote their own game and attract new players?

Why have all sports being played at the same time and then a big gap of feck all when it goes dark early?

What about when the olympics are staged will the season float back to it's original position?

What about the European championships, will that also be held in the winter, in Sweden?

I think we may have the two stupidest people in the world running the beautiful game, and this is very worrying.

Can someone please make me feel better and Photoshop their heads onto dumb and dumber!!!

1) The Qataris though don't want wc in winter. But if all the leagues play in summer it will help Platini and Blatter to pursuade them to change. They would rather upset every league in Europe rather than simply saying we have go it wrong.

2) Russian world cup will be played in summer and I expect these proposals (if ever approved) to be phased in after Russian world cup but before Qatar.

3) They don't give a shit about any sport including football they only look after themselves. Can't see Platini worrying about Cricket ( arrogant and ignorant tw@t)

4) Don't think they give a shit about what we do during the dark evenings suspect they will be away on exotic holidays in the sun.

5) They don't give a shit about the Olympics see number 3)

6) Sweden - who are they????????????????????????????? Not as if it was in France!

7) I agree they are the two most arrogant, ignorant and bent fuckers in football

8) Can't do photoshop.

All the above represent my opinion only. The easy way for WC to be staged in Qatar during the summer is to have all stadia fitted with roofs and airconditioned. Simples really, then they can leave the leagues as they are.

Dont think its the games that are the problem tbh...its the sun stroke and heat exhaustion that fans will get in between games.

Platini and Blatter hasten a European War!!!!

LMad ? Maybe but are there many others out there responsible for the recent tide of antiEuropean sentiment. They are poisoning the relationship of goodwill in Europe more than anyone else today IMO and who knows where that'll lead.

F@ckin idiots.

You would of thought that the amount of privilages Platini and Blatter have been given from football that they wouldn't be on a 2 man mission to fuck it up.

I'm all for summer football, this blue's blog sums up my feelings.

<a class="postlink" href="http://iwasonceajuniorblue.blogspot.com/2011/01/225-days-of-summer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://iwasonceajuniorblue.blogspot.com ... ummer.html</a>

Do the fans have any say in this ?? I think not..

Dont fuck with the fans twatti..

How good would it be if it did come into place that the whole of europe would boycott the games.

We could count on the Germans and French to get it started, then the Spanish and Italians would join in which would mean we would then have to do it to not look like dicks.

No fans at the games means sponsors not paying top money meaning they whole thing collapses.

Never made sense to me why football was played in the winter months.

In the US we do it because baseball, an already established sport since the 1800's, ran during the spring to fall. American football plugged the gap.

Is cricket really that popular a spectator sport?

Nice thing about winter is that there's nothing much to do, so sports is important until summer when there are other things to do besides watch sports.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.