Unbelievable!

blue_taff said:
so you can only be a 'real' fan if you can actually go to the stadium and support given team. thats absolute bollocks in my opinion, and if you get to go once in your whole life then why not, that might be one of the best experiences of given persons life.

as a relative outsider i find some attitudes in this thread quite bewildering, and again maybe you just dont have a clue about the fact that most towns don't have top level sporting team, football or otherwise.

i would consider myself to be a cardiff blues fan / supporter, even though im from cardiff, ive never watched a live game. so what, i still want them to win over whoever their playing. in fact i don't buy any merchandise or directly contribute to the club in any way, but they are still my club

I think the difference is, that you won't very likely find a Bolton or Wigan fan from anywhere other than Bolton or Wigan, as they don't win trophies.
At my work right now, we have hired nine guys, all Irish lads except for one lad from bradford. Two Arsenal fans, Three rags, Two Chelsea and two Liverpool fans. No coinsidence that none of them support Wolves.

Barcon said:
blue_taff said:
so you can only be a 'real' fan if you can actually go to the stadium and support given team. thats absolute bollocks in my opinion, and if you get to go once in your whole life then why not, that might be one of the best experiences of given persons life.

as a relative outsider i find some attitudes in this thread quite bewildering, and again maybe you just dont have a clue about the fact that most towns don't have top level sporting team, football or otherwise.

i would consider myself to be a cardiff blues fan / supporter, even though im from cardiff, ive never watched a live game. so what, i still want them to win over whoever their playing. in fact i don't buy any merchandise or directly contribute to the club in any way, but they are still my club

I think the difference is, that you won't very likely find a Bolton or Wigan fan from anywhere other than Bolton or Wigan, as they don't win trophies.
At my work right now, we have hired nine guys, all Irish lads except for one lad from bradford. Two Arsenal fans, Three rags, Two Chelsea and two Liverpool fans. No coinsidence that none of them support Wolves.
^^^^this^^^^^^

its so easy innit?
anyone could do that,we should have dropped off when relegated to div 2 and 'followed' the up and coming Chelsea

Wow, the levels of how interesting stories on Bluemoon can get is what's "unbelievable"!<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:43 pm --<br /><br />
blue_taff said:

Yes! Of course!

I think Amber Heard is the sexiest woman in the world but I'm just an admirer from afar, the person who's in a relationship with her is her real partner!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
bringer678 said:
I heard a lot of man u fans saying "you manc bastards" too, if they hate Manchester why support united? If they aren't from Manchester why support united? (even though old Trafford is outside of Manchester)

I went to a pub in Southampton to watch man u play newcastle when I was at my unc's and it had about 20 int here and when asked how many times they have been, one said 3 times and then added it was when Cantona was there ffs!

I go to a chippy in Gorse when I'm at my mates on match days and there are all kinds of man u species!! Mainly from down south, wales or ireland.

South Waleians mate-Fuck me they are the worst...Ignorant pricks as well!! All walking round with Man u tats on their bodies..I was fucking pissing my sides!

Wonder who they will be supporting when Swankies meet OT scum

I think this is happening to us to some extent judging by the numerous foreign posters on our Facebook group that is mainly filled with nonsense, bile and incomprehensible shite

beansontoast said:
I think this is happening to us to some extent judging by the numerous foreign posters on our Facebook group that is mainly filled with nonsense, bile and incomprehensible shite
watch what happens when we actually win the Premiership

beansontoast said:

What do you expect on facebook? It's full of kids.

blue_taff said:

Is this a piss take? You ask a question in the first sentence and then answer it yourself in the final paragraph. You're quite clearly not a 'real' fan/supporter; you're just someone who has a passing interest in a certain team, much like how the majority of Brits only follow tennis when Wimbledon's on.

A little story about some red twat I met at Wembley...me and my mate were on Wembley way at about 11 in the mornin and some red comes up and tells us if we want a drink to go to a local offy instead of the pubs as it was cheaper. We say cheers and he then goes off on one sayin "yeah I'm happy to help out fellow football fans even if you will be crying at 7 o'clock". So I laugh off his stupidity but he keeps on going "yeah I was there when you beat us 5.1 and when we beat you 5.0 and when Cantona scored on his comeback" so I reply with "that was against Liverpool,at least know the history of your own club" before walkin off to the Greyhound to spend 4 pound on a pint!

Sums them up really,arrogant wankers who know very little

Still got my Kappa Brother Bench coat so that Blues on hearing my accent in the Townley, away days in London or Toon, Las Ramblas, Oktoberfest of wherever we end up this season dont think I am a JCL. :-)
(I might be a wee bit hot in Lisboa in September though)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.