Underrated albums.

Agreed. I think everybody was expecting a 'Stone Roses' 2, just a continuation of that debut. But they had grown and were trying new directions. Probably the only track that sounded like it could have been on the first, was Ten Storey Love Song. People didn't give it a chance at the time ...

That 2nd album was actually what drew me to the Roses.

This was released way before my time and I only discovered it this year from a colleague.

Then having read about it a bit more I think it is underrated, certainly when it was released, if you read the "Reception" heading here;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forever_Changes?wprov=sfla1

Hung by your own petard: if you read all the "Reception" piece it notes several of the greatest album lists Forever Changes features on and I'm sure I recall it featuring on such lists even before those noted. I know i have been pedantic about this topic but this is not an underrated album.

Under rated in sales and the general public of the late 60s, but revered by any good critic and musician worth his salt. So kinda( do you like that pun) under rated in some sense.

Your pun'll go over the heads of most I fear. Tired of Waiting for You was a great single off a patchy at best album

Hung by your own petard: if you read all the "Reception" piece it notes several of the greatest album lists Forever Changes features on and I'm sure I recall it featuring on such lists even before those noted. I know i have been pedantic about this topic but this is not an underrated album.

In the interests of pedantry, it's "hoist" not hung - ;-)

It also says it under-performed and didn't sell very well hence, at the time of release, being underrated.

“Undecided” is such a great track!

I’d add this to the list n’all:

Shack “The Corner Of Miles And Gil”
51J7VT1YPEL.jpg

Your pun'll go over the heads of most I fear. Tired of Waiting for You was a great single off a patchy at best album
I"m a massive Kinks fan, my favourite band of all time. But Tired of waiting isn't one of my favourites. I think it's because it's always played on commercial radio, more than most. I also find it crazy that it got to no1 but Waterloo Sunset, Lola and Autumn Almanac didn't. And going back to the early albums, lets just say they were badly managed on that score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.