United (A) Post Match Thread

We nullified their attack and Bruno Fernandez to a great extent.

Bernado is out of form atm.
Even Foden wasn't very good v Marseilles.
I don't think Bernardo is out of form. When he and FOden have played they have been good. City totally change when they play. We are on the front foot and press the opponent right back. Marseilles was an exercise in winning without expending effort.

Look at the table, this is not a 100 points season. In years gone by winning your home games and drawing away at rivals gave you the title. Unless Liverpool wake up, we're on course to challenge again.
So we have to agree then that United, Chelsea and Leicester are also on course to challenge.

Missed Gundogan tonight
I think the reasons why we missed him were tied into the reasons he didn't play. Pep wanted solidity and protection against counters. You get that with Fernandinho and Rodri. I like Gundogan a lot more than most and he's become scrappier in defence these days but he's not on the level of the other two (especially Fernandinho) on the defensive fronts.

I reckon if Pep wanted us to play our normal game, Gundogan would have been a starter.

For a more controversial opinion, I believe we missed Mendy too. At least in hindsight.

Was an awful game to watch and certainly wasn't the City we've been used to . But from Peps point of view maybe he was pissed off getting mugged by inferior so called top teams . We've been battering teams and getting beat because we missed bags of easy chances . So until Kun returns and maybe get Haarland signed up for next season , this is how it its going to be against the so called top teams .

Thought we were poor but at least stood firm at the back. Couldn't play it through the middle and were second best too often. Was happy with a draw at the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.