United (A) Post Match Thread

haha okay pal.. i’ve cried out for nowt but since pep took charge he’s not arsed about derbies ,, he’s not arsed sterling is a shithouse mahrez is wank and no other attacking options so fuck all this short memory pal !!!!
Wow you really are upset aren’t you? You must’ve been suicidal back in the day. Glad you came through it because you’ve been lucky to witness some great times under Pep.

I do, he's nowhere near what he was.
I really hope he comes back soon. He is the reason we did not go for another creative mid after David left and now that is one of areas we seem to be severely suffering (To be a creative presence and share the workload with Kevin).

Again we didn’t take our chances.

We can’t expect to create 20 clear chances a game. Defensively a solid performance but our attack let us down.

Sterling should have scored when he dribbled past a few players in the box. Then the Mahrez pass to Jesus where he volleyed it over the goal, another clear chance. The Jesus to De Bruyne to Mahrez action, again clear clear chance, Mahrez needs to be scoring there. De Bruyne himself should have scored at one point.

We need to be more clinical. 0-0 after so many clear chances created is poor.

KDB has been a bit off all season. No one seems willing to accept this. I prefer playing FOden and Bernado and pressing the opponent. When we started KDB, Rodri and Fern we were saying have the ball at the back and take your time and they did.
No he hasn’t Marvin. He’s our only truly world class player we have. Take him him out and we lose our creativity and driving force. His work rate is sensational. Worryingly he looks like he’s frustrated and it’s affecting him because we just don’t have anyone to take advantage of his speed of thought and passing accuracy. He would be sensational at a team like Bayern with all those technical and pacy players. He needs Bernardo and Phil alongside him and Sergio up top to start seeing the best of him.

Anyone think this new pragmatic way of playing from pep might be with one eye on the champions league late stages ?
In peps time here mostly we’ve played amazing attacking football, and been knocked out in Europe each time , mostly on away goals (Spurs,Monaco) or conceding too many (Liverpool) or the unexplainable loss to Lyon last season .
This new pragmatic way of playing isn’t very exciting in big games , but I actually think it would suit us well in Europe.
Not conceding then nicking an away goal .
We definitely need to improve going forward but good to see us solid defensively .
As for the game itself , the quicker it’s forgotten about the better .
Quick mention for stones aswell , he was brilliant , I’ll be honest I’d wrote him off .
It’s great to see him playing for us again and hope it continues and he has a future at he club .

We have sorted the defensive issues out to a great extent, but our midfield and strikers are way off the pace.

This summer transfer window we have going to have to spend very big or face the fact we won't be seeing the title again for a long time.

If people say that it was a good point against a counter attacking side than we can forget even top 4.teams will apply similar tactics and we cannot be happy with a point.

L against Spurs Leicester and a draw against Dippers and Rags. If this record continues against top half of table then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.