United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Strange, contradictory feelings coming away from the game tonight. Delighted (obviously) to have edged the two-legged tie 3-2 - though we were the far superior side in both of the two legs - and to be in another Wembley final, yet flat at having lost a home match, angry that the loss was to those Rag twats - who should not have been allowed even the hollowest of consolations - and frustrated that our forwards - not for the first time this season - have been horribly wasteful in front of goal.

Great to get to another final but fuck me this season's been a tough watch at times. Hopefully a couple trophies at the end of the season and we can regroup for next season, think the majority of us can agree that we've been so good the past couple seasons that it's all been a little underwhelming to be honest.

It wasn't a terrible performance by us at all
We created four or five gilt edged chances from which we failed to score
You would expect us to put at least two of those away
And the rags created next to nothing. Just three half chances, including a 25 yard free kick but unfortunately for us Matic took his half chance beautifully

Sterling hasn't played well for months. I think his last good game was vs Liverpool

Mahrez was quiet and when coupled with Sterling's poor form meant we really stifled ourselves up front
Had Jesus started instead of Sterling we'd have won by 3 or 4. Just needed 1 to go in and we'd have won easily. They score with their first chance and it gets a bit nervous but we still won comfortably.

many on here are acting like having a smacked arse moan moan moan

look the prize was won by city and its a 2 leg semi final for a reason ?? if you played it the other way round and lost the first leg 1.0 at home and won the 2nd leg 3.1 away you still get the same result but a different feeling that's how am seeing it tonight, yes its never nice losing to them but they did not win anything and we did

Nice try.

Me dad God rest him, blues thru and thru, it’s the anniversary of his passing the day after the final and I know he like all those blues gone before, hated the rags more than anything in this earth putting up with the shit and comments and vermin piss taking, what a way to get to Wembley...always the best feeling in the world putting one over on those rags, long journey back to the smoke for them...haha

I thought Gondogan and Bernardo in particular played well.
Really? Did you go?

I’d have to watch again if that was the case, I thought Bernie was dreadful, and Gundo was invisible bar a couple of decent interceptions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.