United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

I think in the instance of foul and dangerous play var can and should intervene, tells ref to look at it and that surely would (and should) have led to a red card and, presumably, a reversal of the free kick to us. But because var was so bent, as also with the kdb stonewall pen (but probably not with the handball as those are the rules they apply), then they just played on.

They can't, If I understand it, tell the referee to review for a yellow card, but they can tell the referee to review for a red card. Now, exactly what happens when the referee is asked to review something like this for a red card, but he doesn't think it warrants a red card, I have no idea. Can the referee change his decision based on the review. Or does he have to give a yellow to Casemiro, but leave United with the free kick?

What should have happened here imho, is ask the referee review the decision on the pretence of a red card, but then get the decision right even if it is a yellow.

The whole thing is a shambles. None of it makes any sense.

VAR cant correct Casemiro's foul on Akanji, which was clearly wrong, but it can give handball for an accidental brush off the fingers that nobody even saw as handball? A complete farce.

They can't, If I understand it, tell the referee to review for a yellow card, but they can tell the referee to review for a red card. Now, exactly what happens when the referee is asked to review something like this for a red card, but he doesn't think it warrants a red card, I have no idea. Can the referee change his decision based on the review. Or does he have to give a yellow to Casemiro, but leave United with the free kick?

What should have happened here imho, is ask the referee review the decision on the pretence of a red card, but then get the decision right even if it is a yellow.

The whole thing is a shambles. None of it makes any sense.

VAR cant correct Casemiro's foul on Akanji, which was clearly wrong, but it can give handball for an accidental brush off the fingers that nobody even saw as handball? A complete farce.
And there in lies the problem they decide or pick and choose which incidents involving certain teams to look at,you can bet they’d have looked at that foul and sent ref to screen if it was one of our players..

It’s as plain as day that it’s all an act with that twat.

There’s no real passion nor emotion in his voice.
Was listening to that yesterday and my Missus (who has very little knowledge or interest in football) was sat near to me and she actually asked who it was as it sounded so obviously contrived and fake, and sounds like he’s trying to be like the ‘Alan Partridge’ of football.

Fair play to him I say, he’s making a mint acting from those silly deluded rags.

thuoght he was. a Watford fan considering he use to own them in the 1980's?

No problem with EJ at all (love some of his music) but what was he doing meeting the team at the airport...was it just by coincidence?

Yes, these guys predicted it years ago

Out of interest what was the crowd noise view from those watching on tv? Inside the ground I thought we were magnificent and the rags were shite but is that how it came over on tv? Also I couldn’t imagine all our fans leaving on the final whistle (thousands of rags actually left before the final whistle as far as I could see) without properly acknowledging our players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.