United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

Out of interest what was the crowd noise view from those watching on tv? Inside the ground I thought we were magnificent and the rags were shite but is that how it came over on tv? Also I couldn’t imagine all our fans leaving on the final whistle (thousands of rags actually left before the final whistle as far as I could see) without properly acknowledging our players
Absolutely dominant from City with the exception of about 5 or 10 minutes after their penalty. You could hear their players getting whistled when they were on the ball loud and clear and I only heard City singing throughout.

So it’s just united arsenal and Chelsea we beat to win this cup
While beating Chelsea and Liverpool in league cup
Real and Bayern in champions league
This team are all time greats
This is the narrative they've been preparing if we do the treble!

"You had an easy run of games against lowly opposition."

What's killing them is this ONE crumb of comfort they were hoping for can't be used, because outside of PSG, we've had to get past every on form team in Europe this season APART from Inter who've won 7 of their last 8 league games & are in good form.

I'm hoping the lads took it easy last night & are ready & committed to a hard week's training to put some game time back into their legs.

In the first half against ManUre, we had the energy but looked to have lost our rhythm & flow. In the second half we started to regain our rhythm & flow, but several players were visibly blowing & physically out on their feet.

I'm hoping this is enough for our playing staff & squad to realise we can't take any chances against an up to tempo Inter, who're highly organised & highly motivated.

They can't, If I understand it, tell the referee to review for a yellow card, but they can tell the referee to review for a red card. Now, exactly what happens when the referee is asked to review something like this for a red card, but he doesn't think it warrants a red card, I have no idea. Can the referee change his decision based on the review. Or does he have to give a yellow to Casemiro, but leave United with the free kick?

What should have happened here imho, is ask the referee review the decision on the pretence of a red card, but then get the decision right even if it is a yellow.

The whole thing is a shambles. None of it makes any sense.

VAR cant correct Casemiro's foul on Akanji, which was clearly wrong, but it can give handball for an accidental brush off the fingers that nobody even saw as handball? A complete farce.
Farce is exactly what it is. And refs, the PL, PiGMOL and the FArce are more than happy that it can deliver exactly what they have a mind to give. it has become a tool for manipulation.

The handball law in football must be the most convoluted law in any world sport that has a set of laws. Once upon a time the instruction was that you could not play the ball with yer hand, and yer 'hand' was the whole of yer arm upto the shoulder.. Simple, obvious, until some training grounds were witnessing teams making sure their arm was sticking out a wee bit. And then IFAB comes along with a 'catch-all' that confuses refs as to how to interpret the new law. Cue a series of bizarre decisions that never seemed to match what went on. Jack's 'handball' would have been classified as accidental when I started watching football, but the Rags have been well-versed in spotting a finger nail touching a ball as it travels across the pitch at speed, and Coote was ever ready to oblige their claims.

The whole media narrative is United need to spend big! What have they been doing for the last decade? Sound like complete cockwombles on your train…. Your kid okay?
He was alright thanks, he’s only 13 though not bothered about me but you don’t do it to kids. They got their karma anyway when all the rozzers piled on

Was stuck in the Pink car park for about two hours after the game when someone collapsed right in front of our coach. Couldn’t see if it was a fan or a local but hope they’re ok, took ages for an ambulance to navigate the traffic shambles

I was there in that horrible car park. Very hard to find your coach on the way back when it was rammed and took 90 minutes to get out onto the road. Annoying as our driver was saying be back for 30-45 minutes after the final whistle as they won't wait for anyone, I could have stayed in the ground longer and not been stressed trying to get back. We were almost on the road when some bloke followed by a couple of others ran out trying to alert people to something. Soon after about 15 police ran in there, I thought there was a fight or something. The ambulance passed us, no idea how it got through that traffic was horrendous. I hope the person is okay.

History Boys

The fastest ever FA Cup Final goal from Gundogan and Aguerooo`s Premier League goal will be will be remembered forever by all football fans.

The brilliant thing about that (very) early goal yesterday, it will have forced United to totally rip up their plans. Park the bus, roll around, argue with the refs and lines people, dirty fouls (ignored by the authorities), more timewasting & hope for a lucky goal or if it went on long enough the lottery of penalties..... but after 15 seconds, they couldn't do that which is why it was so important and so wonderful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.