United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

I could be wrong but due to the fact that the ref had already (wrongly) given the free kick to utd does this mean that VAR cant change his decision? The VAR/Ref power dynamic shifts with the area/incident that is being looked at....

Casemiro should have gone for that foul - it was a clear red BUT can VAR get involved in that as the ref had already made the decision?
We've seen these things rolled back planty of times.

I understand the whole VAR thing is about clear and obvious errors. When VAR looked at the Casimero decision it was clearly an error by the referee to give the free kick against Akanji. Its pretty much exactly the type of thing VAR was brought in for.

I could be wrong but due to the fact that the ref had already (wrongly) given the free kick to utd does this mean that VAR cant change his decision? The VAR/Ref power dynamic shifts with the area/incident that is being looked at....

Casemiro should have gone for that foul - it was a clear red BUT can VAR get involved in that as the ref had already made the decision?
I think in the instance of foul and dangerous play var can and should intervene, tells ref to look at it and that surely would (and should) have led to a red card and, presumably, a reversal of the free kick to us, but no var if they don't think it's red. But because var was so bent they decided nothing to see, as also with the kdb stonewall pen (but probably not with the handball as those are the rules they apply), then they just played on.

Amongst all this angst and stuff from the media (urgh) about City not being ‘at their best’ did any of them ever say/think but of course they didn’t need to be because the opposition *rofl* if you could call it that were such rubbish? We up our game when we have something/someone to play against!
Eeee, we don’t half show ‘em all how to play football.

THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD! Forever and always.

That's my understanding. VAR could only say if not giving a red card was a mistake by the ref. If the ref made other mistakes including giving the foul the wrong way or not giving a yellow they couldn't comment.

BTW I didn't think it was a red.

Let Howard Webb explain yesterday's decisions away. ****!
Can you ever remember us having a dodgy decision against them? We've had plenty of decisions go our way as any club does, but I can't remember a single example of us ever getting a dodgy decision. They've just had two absolutely blatant ones in one season (three, if you include the Casemiro potential red).

Well they did it still on cloud 9
one thing and I know you’ll think I’m mad but the rat faced cant from Utd actually went up in my mind yesterday,he was the only one who even after losing a cup final had the decency to go to the city players and congratulate them on their success that took bottle after his teams performance
that said I think now he still a sniedycant
download (1).jpeg

I'm in the Bernardo camp. If I was fortunate to be a pro baller playing for City & we'd just lost that match, fuck if I'm shaking any fuckers hand, unless they offered me theirs.

I remember Stuart Pearce saying he used to run down the tunnel after a defeat, because he couldn't bear shaking hands with victorious opponents after a defeat. I'm pretty sure Roy Keane said summat similar once too...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.