United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

As for the penalty, it was unfair as there's fuck all Jack could've done to get out of the way of the headed ball. This latest handball rule is far from ideal, but I prefer the certainty of it above the interpretation being left to referees.
But the problem is this latest handball rule IS still open to interpretation by the corrupt PGMOL officials and VAR.

In fact probably more open to interpretation than the old rule.

But the problem is this latest handball rule IS still open to interpretation by the corrupt PGMOL officials and VAR.

In fact probably more open to interpretation than the old rule.
Just how they like it. Accidental should never be a penalty.

The problem is of course that that decision would never be given in our favour.
Just look back this season, The Rags got a helping hand at Old Toilet and the same yesterday.

Here's an example thats been sort of lost in all the other stuff but would have settled it and avoided the stress at the end... The clear penalty against them when Kev was clearly fouled by Fred... absolutely clear as day. Even the commentators said the same. Big review by VAR? Nope, not a chance. No replay for the viewers but a cusrory look by VAR and its nope... nothing to see here...

Its bent, there's no question about it.
The decision at Old Toilet beggared belief! First it was ruled offside, then overturned by VAR, but most referees said the decision was wrong because of the incorrect interpretation of interfering with play. That decision was criminal!

However, as soon as I saw the handball replay of where Jack's arm was & the ball clearly clipping his fingertips, I knew straight away it would be a penalty.

They changed the rules to remove the uncertainty of interpretation out of the equation. If anything, it's the rule that needs looking at again, not yesterday's decision based on the rule.

As for Rashford's goal at the sewer, whoever was on VAR needs to go back to VAR school & not be allowed to officiate again until he can prove he's developed the ability to use his god given common sense.

And a visit to Specsavers wouldn't go amiss either! \0/

I feel like I've been hit by a train and I don't even drink. That must be some hangover today for some of you boys and girls.

That was defo in the top 5 or 6 days of my life yesterday.

We've seen these things rolled back planty of times.

I understand the whole VAR thing is about clear and obvious errors. When VAR looked at the Casimero decision it was clearly an error by the referee to give the free kick against Akanji. Its pretty much exactly the type of thing VAR was brought in for.
Agreed but is it one of those areas VAR cant get involved in for some reason?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.