United post-match thread

Hope that wasn't kompanys last game for us. Didn't sound good. Pep "he told me he couldn't play anymore"

Onwards and upwards blues.
Didn't feel like a Derby that, I haven't been arsed all day about it either. Weird!

Pep seemed calm so fxxx it so am I.

Next.

First half pretty even, would even day we edged it.
Second Jose sent them out to smash and grab in first 10 minutes, which they did, after that the fact that it was our 2nd string told amd they were stronge rthan us in that half.

I am pissed off we have lost a derby, and are out of the cup, but positives are Maffeo and Garcia had very good games.

Kompany is a worry and I doubt they would have scored if he was still on, we go forward on to smethwick.

Everyone is talking about a bad new record for Pep, (6 without a win) however I think I saw another record - but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Has any other top flight match started with a combined shirt numbers adding up to >200?

I saw a 75 a 72 and a 50 and that is just three players. C'mon - lighten up everyone, tell me I'm right or wrong and just chill. We are best off out of this cup this season and we did not disgrace ourselves. Two youngsters really excelled, I know its a Derby but stay frosty.

Dissapointed tonight understand resting players for games but this is a derby game!! thought sane was awful couldnt beat a player we had no threat going forward only plus signs were how well maffeo played looks a good young player

So, so poor. Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass nothing
I said that after we drew with Everton, but was told we were brilliant.

Not in the least bit surprised by tonight's result, but we seem unable to score goals all of a sudden, and we concede every game, its time to concentrate on not conceding goals, then get the passing and build up play right, 6 games without a win, with three goalless defeats, not good enough.

Is Vinny injured again ?

we all know many of this second string need to be moved on...if these kind of performances make that happen faster, who am I to complain.

Maffeo was excellent ...and that was about it

Would have preferred Sterling and Aguero to be fully rested for sat

Rags first team edged it against our second in a comp we don't want to win....roll on sat nothing to see here

So annoying to hear this. It's a cup competition and a consistent part of every football season. Yeah, it's the least important but we should be wanting to win this. Every team has to play it, it's no hinderance at all.

Well it potentially cost us the league last season (De Bruyne injury) and we always have a shocking January around the semi finals from memory. Yes I wanted to win it but look back at last season, do you even feel good about the win last season now or is it a distant memory?

Pep: "I'm so proud of our performance. Congratulations to United on the next step. I'm so proud of our young players, how they played."
Pep: "Pablo Maffeo was amazing against Rashford and Pogba. He won almost all of the duels."
Pep: "Kompany told me he could not play any more. That's why (I took him off)."

The Kompany remark is really worrying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.