United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonea2003 said:
i assume FFP doesn't apply to them this season

and with this gung ho spending only going to get larger over summer with the major surgery required

just wondering any of those in the know how they stand with regards FFP ala liverpool last season

or are they pretty much untouchable

Like it or not, they are in profit. That allows much more spending leeway.

tonea2003 said:

and with this gung ho spending only going to get larger over summer with the major surgery required

just wondering any of those in the know how they stand with regards FFP ala liverpool last season

Ive got a crisp £10 note that says if the shite ever fell foul of FFP then Platini would say that there's been a 'rethink' and the rules would either be scrapped or changed as they're not workable

love the way the signing of the spanish lad is being spun as spains top YOUNG prospect hes 24 ffs !! but then again utd sign uncapped senior pro who no one else was in for at €30m dosnt sound too good !!

tonea2003 said:

FFP turns a blind eye to staggering amounts of debt.

Either way, as I've said in the past, their current situation requires them to 'invest' a lot to get back to where they were, and like any club doing so (Liverpool of recent years, Leeds in the past) it's a roll of the dice whether they get it right.

If it doesn't work out this lot can keep going for a while, but as with many organisations with plenty of buffer, they often comfortably absorb failure while in the background, unnoticed, the vortex of a vicious circle slowly begins to rotate...

love the way the signing of the spanish lad is being spun as spains top YOUNG prospect hes 24 ffs !! but then again utd sign uncapped senior pro who no one else was in for at €30m dosnt sound too good !!

Plays By Sense Of Smell said:
Either way, as I've said in the past, their current situation requires them to 'invest' a lot to get back to where they were, and like any club doing so (Liverpool of recent years, Leeds in the past) it's a roll of the dice whether they get it right.

If it doesn't work out this lot can keep going for a while, but as with many organisations with plenty of buffer, they often comfortably absorb failure while in the background, unnoticed, the vortex of a vicious circle slowly begins to rotate...

bang on

Your second paragraph is beautifully put and, hopefully, equally prescient.

A reverse venturi effect, sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.