United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thaksinssoldier said:
mancity dan said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Because (I would guess) that they will lock United in for the extremely long term, and they will get huge bang for their buck out of it. Expect them to work United to the bone for that money. I'd also envisage them losing Real at some stage. They'll never lose Bayern, but what they desperately need right now are English speaking franchises, be it in the UK or US.

Aren't they part owners of Bayern Munich now (16.6% or something?)

Yep, part of the AAA alliance. It's Adidas, Allianz and Audi. Peoples club my ass.

Is that how they are getting around FFP with Related Party Transactions from their owners?

Thaksinssoldier said:
mancity dan said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Because (I would guess) that they will lock United in for the extremely long term, and they will get huge bang for their buck out of it. Expect them to work United to the bone for that money. I'd also envisage them losing Real at some stage. They'll never lose Bayern, but what they desperately need right now are English speaking franchises, be it in the UK or US.

Aren't they part owners of Bayern Munich now (16.6% or something?)

Yep, part of the AAA alliance. It's Adidas, Allianz and Audi. Peoples club my ass.

i think, they own 8,33 % each, the rest is held by Bayern München.

mancity dan said:
Why would Adidas pay more than double for the Rags sponsorship than they do for Real Madrid and Bayern Munich?
More importantly than that, why would they pay £15m more than the price that Nike have (very publicly) rejected? It's all over the papers that £60m is the price the rags want, and their main rival for the deal has pulled out. So the Adidas CEOs are going to look at that situation and offer more? That'd be the worst bit of business since the rags paid £4m more than the release clause for Fellaini.

I'm With Stupid said:
mancity dan said:
Why would Adidas pay more than double for the Rags sponsorship than they do for Real Madrid and Bayern Munich?
More importantly than that, why would they pay £15m more than the price that Nike have (very publicly) rejected? It's all over the papers that £60m is the price the rags want, and their main rival for the deal has pulled out. So the Adidas CEOs are going to look at that situation and offer more? That'd be the worst bit of business since the rags paid £4m more than the release clause for Fellaini.
I was thinking pretty much the same.
A bit like us offering QPR £100 million for Harry Redknapp.

NiceN Sleazy said:
Looks to me that Nike have called their bluff.

They walked away because they know the figures are ridiculous.

All but confirmed as £750m/£75m per year from Adidas, by far the biggest kit deal in history.

The knock-on effect will be interesting, surely clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona will want more. And less glamorous clubs will also want more, within reason. City's £12m/year kit deal is no longer good enough, a Champions League brand and top English club should be able to ask £30m at the very minimum now.

United are absolutely minted by their latest commercial deals and once they get back in the Champions League should be able to rival anyone for any player.

LoveCity said:
NiceN Sleazy said:
Looks to me that Nike have called their bluff.

They walked away because they know the figures are ridiculous.

All but confirmed as £750m/£75m per year from Adidas, by far the biggest kit deal in history.

The knock-on effect will be interesting, surely clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona will want more. And less glamorous clubs will also want more, within reason. City's £12m/year kit deal is no longer good enough, a Champions League brand and top English club should be able to ask £30m at the very minimum now.

United are absolutely minted by their latest commercial deals and once they get back in the Champions League should be able to rival anyone for any player.

City should be on the phone to Nike and asking for a contract renewal.

We are now Nike's biggest club in England in the most popular domestic league in the world and now arguably Nike's second most popular club after Barcelona in world football, although Atletico Madrid, PSG, Juventus and Inter may have a say in that, either way we are up there.

I can see us looking for a training kit sponsorship and sleeve sponsorship now Barcelona have gone down that road.

[bigimg]https://s1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/ZRIL5z31.GhbegHMvdxrew--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQyMTtweG9mZj01MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz03NDk-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_GB/Sports/Eurosport/1269555-27382800-2560-1440.jpg[/bigimg]

Certainly between 2007-2011 they were lot better, more dominant on the pitch than between 2012-2014, last 3 seasons they won 1 PL title, and had no CL semifinal while before that they won 3 league title in 4 years and were in 3 CL finals in that 4 years.

Yet their financial team is ready to negotiate and sign record mega deals in a row with Chevrolet and Adidas after this 3 years of "weaker" period. Its pretty clear that their men behind the office tables know their job very well, Glazers know what they are doing, thank God its mostly for their own pockets...

I expect to read about UEFAs comments on how they can justify this huge price, double what bigger teams like Madrid get but we all know it wont raise any eyebrows.
we are lagging so far behind now with our sponsorship deals and need to look at training kit sponsorships and the like

hertsblue said:
I expect to read about UEFAs comments on how they can justify this huge price, double what bigger teams like Madrid get but we all know it wont raise any eyebrows.
we are lagging so far behind now with our sponsorship deals and need to look at training kit sponsorships and the like
We have the 6th biggest revenue in football

Utd fans think City's Sugar Daddy ownership means we are guilty of financial doping yet massive differentials in clubs commercial revenues which influence the football on the pitch, and therefore commercial revenues are OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.