United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPIDERBOY said:
lancs blue said:
NeilYoungIsBack said:
Wasn't today the day Loose Fanny Gal was supposed to be walking if major signings weren't in place ?

Exaggerated internet waffle IMO, it wouldn't do his reputation much good if he flounced off in a huff after barely 6 weeks in the job.

I'm away at the minute mate and not up to speed with anything back home.....where has this come from about him wanting to walk already?

I'm sure it was a twitter rumour that went about at the start of the week.

While the story sounds plausible enough going off their failure to land any marquee players in the past 12 months, I'd like to hear it from a more reliable source than The Express before believing that they're not now in for Di Maria.

Either way, things appear to be a shambles over at Swamp Towers and they're at war with each other over on Rag Café about it (well worth a read if you've got some time and popcorn to spare), arguing about who is to blame. Personally, I hold pretty much everyone in a position of influence responsible (bar their current manager obviously). The Glazers, Ewar Woowar, Baconface, Gollum, and the established players that downed tools and refused to put in the same effort for Moyes that they did for the GPC - they've all had a hand to varying degrees in their fall from grace IMO.

Anyway, back to Di Maria and this from the Caf from someone that doesn't believe the bullshit that the Trafford Ministry Of Truth peddles:

Ah, news is now that United don't want Di Maria because LVG doesn't want to harm the progress of Adnan . . .

Does anybody notice a pattern? United in supposedly for Fabrecas, Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria and in all cases it just doesn't work out for some reason . . I think the truth is that United were never really in the hunt for any of them. Its easier for the club to spin messages that they are trying their hardest to sign top targets that would excite fans and then not deliver.

On one side you have the fans that are disappointed and the other fans who will somehow try to rationalise or excuse the non signings. .

When are people going to wake up? When you are being spoonfed something that tastes like sh*t, there is a good chance is it sh*t .

M18CTID said:
While the story sounds plausible enough going off their failure to land any marquee players in the past 12 months, I'd like to hear it from a more reliable source than The Express before believing that they're not now in for Di Maria.

Either way, things appear to be a shambles over at Swamp Towers and they're at war with each other over on Rag Café about it (well worth a read if you've got some time and popcorn to spare), arguing about who is to blame. Personally, I hold pretty much everyone in a position of influence responsible (bar their current manager obviously). The Glazers, Ewar Woowar, Baconface, Gollum, and the established players that downed tools and refused to put in the same effort for Moyes that they did for the GPC - they've all had a hand to varying degrees in their fall from grace IMO.

Anyway, back to Di Maria and this from the Caf from someone that doesn't believe the bullshit that the Trafford Ministry Of Truth peddles:

Ah, news is now that United don't want Di Maria because LVG doesn't want to harm the progress of Adnan . . .

Does anybody notice a pattern? United in supposedly for Fabrecas, Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria and in all cases it just doesn't work out for some reason . . I think the truth is that United were never really in the hunt for any of them. Its easier for the club to spin messages that they are trying their hardest to sign top targets that would excite fans and then not deliver.

On one side you have the fans that are disappointed and the other fans who will somehow try to rationalise or excuse the non signings. .

When are people going to wake up? When you are being spoonfed something that tastes like sh*t, there is a good chance is it sh*t .

Or maybe they were in for them, but they just don't want to join the 'biggest club in the world'?

Bluewonder said:
M18CTID said:

Or maybe they were in for them, but they just don't want to join the 'biggest club in the world'?

Of course mate - I think there's some truth in that. I reckon it's a combination of the two - they've tried to sign some big name players and been knocked back, plus they've probably put out stories relating to other elite players that they've had no intention of signing.

M18CTID said:
Bluewonder said:
M18CTID said:

Of course mate - I think there's some truth in that. I reckon it's a combination of the two - they've tried to sign some big name players and been knocked back, plus they've probably put out stories relating to other elite players that they've had no intention of signing.

And also maybe the report (can't be arsed to look it up just now) that their pre-tax profit was only about 22 mil last year. I imagine that with no CL football this year it was probably unrealistic of their supporters to expect 100 mil splashes for DiMaria or whoever.

My dream scenario is that the Glazers start following the model of sell shirts/make profit rather than try to go all out for it. Of course it could be argued that is really what they have been doing since Tranny got sold and that Sir Pissface was all that kept them winning.

In any event, watch the "Norwich" scarves come out with a vengeance. And particularly after 31 August when half the World XI has not turned up to play at fuckface central.

Fucking twats. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

M18CTID said:
Personally, I hold pretty much everyone in a position of influence responsible (bar their current manager obviously). The Glazers, Ewar Woowar, Baconface, Gollum, and the established players that downed tools and refused to put in the same effort for Moyes that they did for the GPC - they've all had a hand to varying degrees in their fall from grace IMO.
I agree. It's been very much a team effort.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
M18CTID said:
Personally, I hold pretty much everyone in a position of influence responsible (bar their current manager obviously). The Glazers, Ewar Woowar, Baconface, Gollum, and the established players that downed tools and refused to put in the same effort for Moyes that they did for the GPC - they've all had a hand to varying degrees in their fall from grace IMO.

Nice to see that they've taken a leaf out of our book and gone all holistic ;)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
M18CTID said:

"No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it".

Said it a couple of pages back...Edward Woodward unarguably has the most secure job at Old Trafford barring the Glazers themselves.

He is doing precisely what his Job Description says...get the money in, by fair or foul.

But appease the fans with a few token signings along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.