United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Is it true Di Maria wanted to come to City to team up with DM, SA and PZ but we said we weren't interested?
According to the Observer Sport he was offered repeatedly to MCFC.

No explanation as to why City declined, but I assume that it was down to the FFP sanctions. It would have been a choice of Mangala or Di Maria

Silva. Nasri. Navas. Jovetić. Milner.

Enough reasons?

1.618034 said:
Ed Woodward is working hard on bringing in new players...

[bigimg]http://thesugarmill.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/bravado_little_britain_want_that_one_red-white2.jpg[/bigimg]
LMFHO

Can anyone put the icing on the cake with this and put Butheads face on it along with Woodward

Marvin said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Is it true Di Maria wanted to come to City to team up with DM, SA and PZ but we said we weren't interested?

No explanation as to why City declined, but I assume that it was down to the FFP sanctions. It would have been a choice of Mangala or Di Maria
Yes, and unlike the rags (going for the headline signing) we signed the player where we most needed to strengthen on the pitch.

manimanc said:
Fuck me they've gone all jungle book on us again.....
We extend player contracts, they do the same....
Oh oooby doo, I wanna be like you....

They'll want a player called Silva next.

Vienna_70 said:
Marvin said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:

Enough reasons?
We can only guess at City's reasons. In my opinion if we had the financial resources I am sure we would have done the deal, but we had to sign a central defender.

We scored 100 goals plus last season. Firepower was not the No. 1 issue, but if we could have afforded the player, I'm sure we would have tried to get him.

12 months time some say we'll be in the market for players like him, but the problem is they don't always become available every window.

Marvin said:
Vienna_70 said:
Marvin said:

Enough reasons?
We can only guess at City's reasons. In my opinion if we had the financial resources I am sure we would have done the deal, but we had to sign a central defender.

We scored 100 goals plus last season. Firepower was not the No. 1 issue, but if we could have afforded the player, I'm sure we would have tried to get him.

12 months time some say we'll be in the market for players like him, but the problem is they don't always become available every window.

Yeah, I think you're right Marvin.

If it wasn't for FFPR, we know we have the resources to sign any player we want and as you say, those of di Maria's quality don't come along every day. And as you said, a top-quality centre-back was a much more pressing need

My post about the five players I mentioned was slightly tongue-in-cheek, though no one can deny their quality.

The may well loose their new signing Marcos Rojo for a while too

According to the People
prosecutors want him to stand trial in Argentina following a bottle attack on a neighbour if found guilty he could face up to a year in Jail

If they sign Di maria, Vidal Dejong and Blind, having signed Herrera, Rojo and Shaw, that will take this summers spending to about 200m, they surely can't afford to keep doing that over the next few windows can they, even with the spending power they have? Because they haven't really addressed the defence yet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.