United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
the season we were relegated on the last day v luton,it was being discussed in the utd road paddock,who was going to be the "derby game".

they decided that because they hated scousers anyway,it would make sense.they even ramped it up during that seasons home game.

along came sky and ramped it up even more,although it seems to be going a bit flat now,i had to remind a few,that it was big game week a few weeks ago.
Let's not forget how many united fans were in the Luton end at Maine Road that day, even though their team was playing that same day and was placed to finish second in the First Division over the course of that final weekend if the results went their way. Their unhealthy obsession with City is nothing new. Nor are their denials about its existence.

Let's not forget how many united fans were in the Luton end at Maine Road that day, even though their team was playing that same day and was placed to finish second in the First Division over the course of that final weekend if the results went their way. Their unhealthy obsession with City is nothing new. Nor are their denials about its existence.
I've always got on with City. There was no real antagonism between us though once you could challenge the rivalry naturally inyensified about 4 or 5 years back. We look on you as 'our kid'. Liverpool now that's a different matter.

Yeah - enough of this r
Please. This very informative debate is doing my head in....We are now the biggest scalp. They don't like it cuz we're NOT going away anytime soon...So can we please get this thread back on track.....
SCUM!

Yeah - please enough of this rivalry stuff - it was worth a few pages but is getting really boring and surely it is not that important to us. What the position was decades ago can vary based on people's memories (and points they are seeking to make). More important is the coming decades and the scum will become increasingly less of a relevance to us and our rivalry (in terms of which matches are most important) will be with other teams in the PL and in Europe.

Yes long standing fans should always utterly loath them - they are odious - but lets stop giving them more notice than they deserve or are worth.

This is a quote from the govan pisscans new book "Leading". On demanding his salary was doubled after Wayne Rooney's big pay increase in 2010: "I told them I did not think it fair that Rooney should earn twice what I made and Joel Glazer immediately said: 'I totally agree with you but what should we do?' It was simple. We just agreed that no player should be paid more than me."

So this means he was on over 300k a week?! Fuck me, i bet his local Oddbins was bare
I've told this story before but I'll tell it again because that revelation put it into a new light. Rooney doubled his wage package that day in 2010 from 90k a week (whcih was their maximum salary) to 180k. He got that because other clubs were told he was available and one (not us) was definitely negotiating with the rags to buy him. The Glazers had initially refused to sanction an increase but this other club had put a contract on the table offering him £160k a week. Gill and Baconface then went back to the Glazers to tell them this and they reluctantly agreed to Rooney's demand for £180k in order to keep him.

At the time, my source reckoned it was all part of a clever scheme by Gill & Ferguson because the 90k limit was hurting their ability to recruit top class players (remember "no value in the market"?) and is probably the reason they couldn't sign Tevez. Now it seems that Baconface was also dipping his beak as well and got annoyed because a player was getting more than him so you have to wonder whether that was at least a part of the motivation for setting the whole thing up.

And Rooney is still on the same basic contract he signed in 2010. When he signed his new one, his agent insisted that he got a part of any commercial deals that the rags signed, subject to agreement that taking part in promotions or activities for these didn't take up excessive time and impact his performance. Sounds like Wazza is ignoring that part of the deal. Baconface, being a greedy bastard, is no doubt on the same deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.