United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird seeing a Mourinho side look as defensively brittle as United.
They're not really defensively brittle though are they only conceded 3 more than we have, trouble is style of play is designed to not concede and once Lukakus goals on the break/set pieces dried up they started to drop points.

2f05403ed81176ba655111a0c9238875.jpg

Jesse Pingping

Brilliant lol

well there was a video on here once of a woman turning the turn styles round the fiddle the numbers

I remember that as well. I have been searching for it for a while now. I'm sure it was like a montage video done by someone like Bluemoon TV. I would love a link if anyone can post it.

They're not really defensively brittle though are they only conceded 3 more than we have, trouble is style of play is designed to not concede and once Lukakus goals on the break/set pieces dried up they started to drop points.

They are defensively awful. They are woeful at set pieces, vulnerable down the flank, and With Pogba in a 2, the CB's are exposed a ridiculous amount.

Their expected goals against is 26, that's a reflection of how many big chances they're giving up and only De Gea is keeping things respectable with some incredible shot stopping.

Bear in mind what you just said "they've only conceded 3 more than us" - but we are the most aggressively attacking team in the country. We have great control in matches but a team designed to defend deep and break like Mourinho's should definitely concede fewer.

It's funny that the ginger one was actually right. When Pogba played higher up the pitch he was influential in both united's goals. So for all the ranting against Scholes by the special one and the gimp, they played better for Scholes' advice. Now the special one would never credit scholes, of course!

I don't like to admit it but de Gea has been their saviour time and time again. He's lucky to have many shots straight at him but that is part to do with closing down angles as well and fast leg reflexes. Can't find a diagonal pass if his life depended on it though.

Any other 2nd rate keeper they will be midtable.

I went to bed last night and all was calm, what the hell has happened? Mail saying he may sod off in summer? ok we knew there was a chance of that, why the song and dance now, has someone said summat?

Even if he stays, everything about that club is seemingly under a cloud and a large chunk is Mourinho and his attitude. I wish them all the best with creating their adult disney land as Woodward put it. It is all "look at what we have" and not "get training fella". The glitz and glam follows the results, you follow the glitz and you will soon find yourself further away from it than ever.

Saw on a YouTube video earlier how rags are preparing the way for a poor performance/ possible loss to Derby in the cup..... "its not a major trophy - we sacked LvG despite winning it which shows how we see if in the scheme of things " type of comments - they are clearly rattled by the Mighty Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.