United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand the Warrington Weasel, his lack of self-awareness is staggering. Telling someone to 'zip it' whilst 12 points behind is ridiculous, people would usually do this from a position of strength. He looks even more ridiculous when he is now 15 points behind and likely to be 3rd in the league by this time tomorrow
Can you believe that the latest off the conveyor belt is 25 years old? Has to act like a kid to keep the myth going.
Villa next season if Bruce gets them up.

They're not really defensively brittle though are they only conceded 3 more than we have, trouble is style of play is designed to not concede and once Lukakus goals on the break/set pieces dried up they started to drop points.
Statistics show they ought to have conceded far more than just three more than us. Also watching United you don't get the impression they're at all secure back there, they concede more chances than any top 6 side and way more than any Mourinho side of yesteryear

asaaaaeraa.png

Did you see the multiple posts talking about De Bruyne's voice and 'no wonder his girlfriend cheated on him with Courtois'? What an odd bunch.
I sometimes have a nosey on there & one of, if not, the biggest bellend is a poster called Rhyme Animal. What a weird **** he is. He trys his hardest to post on every city related thread and just spew a load of bollocks. He even went on the Silva thread to pass on his best wishes to our Dave. But in the same post let everyone know how much he hated City. I mean just WTF. He consistently types in his post "people on here know I'm an anti City fan" As if he wants to be known he hates us more than any other rag. He is probably the saddest **** on there.

I sometimes have a nosey on there & one of, if not, the biggest bellend is a poster called Rhyme Animal. What a weird **** he is. He trys his hardest to post on every city related thread and just spew a load of bollocks. He even went on the Silva thread to pass on his best wishes to our Dave. But in the same post let everyone know how much he hated City. I mean just WTF. He consistently types in his post "people on here know I'm an anti City fan" As if he wants to be known he hates us more than any other rag. He is probably the saddest **** on there.
He is a twit, but at least he doesn't go on and on and on like Ser 19 about how honestly he's just a fair and balanced guy, but all he does is post anti-City screeds.

They are defensively awful. They are woeful at set pieces, vulnerable down the flank, and With Pogba in a 2, the CB's are exposed a ridiculous amount.

Their expected goals against is 26, that's a reflection of how many big chances they're giving up and only De Gea is keeping things respectable with some incredible shot stopping.

Bear in mind what you just said "they've only conceded 3 more than us" - but we are the most aggressively attacking team in the country. We have great control in matches but a team designed to defend deep and break like Mourinho's should definitely concede fewer.
Hate to praise them in any way but they aren't woeful in defence we're just head and shoulders above everyone else at the moment if their expected goals against is 26 that would equal the lowest goals conceded last season, you can't really say goalkeepers making them look good (which he is) as last time I looked he comes with the defence just can't disregard the keeper ours helps our defence out no end as we saw New years Eve and Tuesday night.

Statistics show they ought to have conceded far more than just three more than us. Also watching United you don't get the impression they're at all secure back there, they concede more chances than any top 6 side and way more than any Mourinho side of yesteryear
I'd agree with you that they should let more in but just at the moment they aren't the plus side they can't score many either.

Just been over to the Caf for a brew.
Some knob called IrishRedDevil called us a 'pathetic club'.

JASR retorted brilliantly with

'Pathetic is when a manager throws their own players under a bus repeatedly and viciously, having bought some of them, and not nurtured them.
Pathetic is when a manager talks about others diving, without a hint of irony.
Pathetic is when a manager blames everything and everyone but himself.
Pathetic is when a manager cannot unsarcastically compliment an opponents or a referees display.
Pathetic is when a manager who outlays £300m in 2 years adding to the most expensive squad in the PL, parks the bus so often, even against teams worth just a 10th of that outlay, that the home crowd (rightly) boos.

Possible ban heading your way JASR. Hee Hee, Join the club

Hate to praise them in any way but they aren't woeful in defence we're just head and shoulders above everyone else at the moment if their expected goals against is 26 that would equal the lowest goals conceded last season, you can't really say goalkeepers making them look good (which he is) as last time I looked he comes with the defence just can't disregard the keeper ours helps our defence out no end as we saw New years Eve and Tuesday night.

The 26 figure is for the season so far, it's not a projection of where they'll be in 38 games.

That argument about a keeper being part of the defence is always brought up and it misses he point every time, yes they are part of the defence but it's the equivalent of relying on 1 player for 90% of your goals scored. It makes you a bad team and you're fucked if anything happens to them.

The fact they have to rely on him shows they are systematically poor, as does the fact only his extraordinary shot stopping has them where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.