United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the rags will do anything to be the main story on sky sports, I mean city are playing a huge game and the main story is how far the rags have fallen pmsl love it.

Back to mediocrity you go...

giphy.gif

The only way the demise of the Scum is halted and possibly turned around is if the Glazers sell to someone who has 'nation' money and is happy to throw it around. Otherwise the business model we've seen since the Yanks took over will never allow them to compete. And, there's no chance of a class of 2022 coming around to rescue them, as the league is far too competitive.

20 years ago my weekends were typically only enjoyable when United dropped points or had a rare loss, at a time when City wins were few and far between.

I look for the time when this thread drops off in to oblivion due to lack of relevance, replaced by 'Can Stockport get back in the Premier League' :)

The only way the demise of the Scum is halted and possibly turned around is if the Glazers sell to someone who has 'nation' money and is happy to throw it around. Otherwise the business model we've seen since the Yanks took over will never allow them to compete. And, there's no chance of a class of 2022 coming around to rescue them, as the league is far too competitive.
They've plenty of money, they need to fix their scouting and board level footballing operations management and actually spend it well, over a period of 2 or 3 years. As the dippers have done, from a much worse position, with minimal investment from FSG.

They've plenty of money, they need to fix their scouting and board level footballing operations management and actually spend it well, over a period of 2 or 3 years. As the dippers have done, from a much worse position, with minimal investment from FSG.

The difference being United don't have a Sterling, Suarez or Coutinho to sell.

Maybe Pogba, their best player , or De Gea. Rashford won 't be sold. The rest are dog shit.

Liverpool got about £200mill from the sale of their best 3 players. United would have to sell those 3 players to get that kind of money.

They won't do that. The fans would go mad.

They have "plenty", but there's claims on it. The candlelighters weren't stuck with a bunch of terrible long-term contracts with shit players on big wages. And they weren't public. And their ownership had experience running an actually successful sporting franchise. It's not going to take 2-3 years, they are exactly where they were four years ago, only worse off because of their contract situation. Agree with OP, the only "quick" fix is a sale.

Edit -- sorry, I should have seen jrb's post first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.