United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder...

"I can absolutely promise you that nothing will have made Pep's heart sink - than the news that Mourinho coming to #mufc,
Honestly, Guardiola must have felt like ripping up his contract when that happened."

Patrick Barclay. 2016.

I still think that quote made sense. I understood it to be from the fractious sniping and hype it would provoke off-field, rather than because it was an on-field rival.

The whole thing may lead to a popcorn shortage though.

So according to PEG there is no confrontation and he's as happy as can be with Pogbad. The man couldn't lie straight in bed.

To be fair, he's very marketable in a commercial sense, as well as having the potential to do well on the field under the right manager. I think I read he has 3m twatter followers which, unfortunately, counts for something these days. In the stupid post-Neymar/Mbappe market, I wouldn't be surprised if the fcukers turned a profit.

That said, I'd rather hope potential buyers saw it as a distress sale and negotiated accordingly.

For me, this is one of the most pernicious aspects of the relentless media hype of anyone and anything associated with the rags or Liverpool. Good publicity/hype = marketability. Hence anyone bought by the rags is "world class" until the club brief otherwise. Anyone bought by City is overpriced until....well . ... forever.

Much as clubs don't buy players based on what the papers/Sky say, they do keep an eye on the sponsors and the sponsors want marketable players.

For me, this is one of the most pernicious aspects of the relentless media hype of anyone and anything associated with the rags or Liverpool. Good publicity/hype = marketability. Hence anyone bought by the rags is "world class" until the club brief otherwise. Anyone bought by City is overpriced until....well . ... forever.

Much as clubs don't buy players based on what the papers/Sky say, they do keep an eye on the sponsors and the sponsors want marketable players.

Not just football; it’s any fcukin celeb these days. Sky just make it worse.

Just a reminder...

"I can absolutely promise you that nothing will have made Pep's heart sink - than the news that Mourinho coming to #mufc,
Honestly, Guardiola must have felt like ripping up his contract when that happened."

Patrick Barclay. 2016.
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.Well remembered argyle, as I`d forgotten about that article.Another soft arse licking media no-fuck-all.He must be fucking embarrassed writing that turgid piece of shit.

Agreed. The pressure will come either from an inability of the two of them to resolve their differences or from Pogba sulking and hanging around as a negative influence. Otherwise it won't be a distress sale.

I think pogbad is on a 5yr contract from Aug 2016.
That means he's just entered his 3rd year.
By this summer he'll have 2 years left.
The filth really have to decide whether to start negotiating a new contract or sell him at the end of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.