United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is though is that the club itself, manager and fans are still dining out on past glories and are burying their heads in the sand talking about the "United way" whatever that means.

They could turn things around however if you read my post properly I said that nothing will change until they acknowledge where they are and what they need to do to rectify their problems rather than basking in past successes.

When you're paying top dollar for the likes of Maguire and Pogba and seeing the latter running down his contract for a second time, you can see their scatter gun approach and lack of strategic planning isn't working when you consider the amount of money they have spent on transfers and wages compared with the return in trophies won in recent years.

When you compare how City's infrastructure has been rebuilt from top to bottom with the campus and successful teams at all levels playing in a similar style it points to excellent strategic planning.
Over in Trafford, the roof leaks, they've got a rodent problem and their teams at all levels are way behind ours.

There's nothing arrogant about me, I've been a season ticket holder since 1988 and endured years of piss taking from arrogant, plastic, glory hunting Rags so I think I'm due a little bit of payback don't you think?

I still get deluded Rags trying to take the piss whilst I doubt you get too many over in Chicago.

I'm not naive enough to think that the status quo will last forever but I'm certainly enjoying it while I can which as I said previously if you read my post I said long may it continue.
Going to make a prediction here( on my 7th bottle of Estrella de Levante at the beach bar) that City will be pissing on the rags chips for the next ten years and beyond because we have become a monster.

The difference is though is that they won't go all out to name and shame everyone who does this as they're basically biting the hand that feeds them.
Occasionally calling out an odd celebrity makes everyone feel that they're doing something about the issue when the reality is that they won't.
Carr's arrogance was his downfall and if I remember correctly Cameron's dealings weren't fully exposed until he left Number 10.
Nah, it was definitely known at the time because people commented on it. It even came up in that episode of 8 Out of 10 Cats where they all laid into Carr.

Nah, it was definitely known at the time because people commented on it. It even came up in that episode of 8 Out of 10 Cats where they all laid into Carr.
Ah I was thinking about Cameron's more recent transgressions when he was abusing his position to lobby on behalf of the bank that recently went bust.
Countless numbers of wealthy people employ accountants to find ways to avoid paying tax. There's a strong argument to suggest this is morally wrong even though it's perfectly legal.
Perhaps that's one for the politics forum.

The issue on this thread is most of these people who are actively avoiding paying tax aren't trying to dictate to the government what they should be spending taxpayers money on.

The issue on this thread is most of these people who are actively avoiding paying tax aren't trying to dictate to the government what they should be spending taxpayers money on.
I mean, really? All of those business people who pay fuck all tax and make sure their companies do likewise are the first on their phone when the government do something they don't like. How much did Amazon spend campaigning against unionisation in America recently? How much tax did they pay?

But yeah, I get your point. Kinda off topic now, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.