United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i burst the bubble here at united

ronaldo works out to about £130million plus the £150million they spent already so open your eyes and listen
your club is in a bad mess and in debt £500milion before covid-19 losses. now your splashing more money that they will just dumped on the debt. so am not very good a maths,, pretty much like your lot hahaha
but its close to £900million and growing

Don't worry everyone, if it looks like they might win the league we can just storm the Etihad (or everyone else's ground for that matter) in protest at our poor transfer planning, have all the matches postponed and face no action whatsoever from the authorities.
I could mock up a fake bomb and tape it to a bog door if it goes down to the last game too.

Actually, if I make it one of those old-school comedy cartoon bombs, like a black cricket ball with a long sparkly fuse, I could fill it with some air-freshener crap to overpower the smell of the fags people smoke in the bogs that causes so much angst on here; two problems, one solution, BING-POT!

It feels like signing Ronaldo is almost entirely to do with stopping a rival from improving - which seems like crazy business.

They've literally convinced Cavani to stay on as a stop-gap, then signed a better version of him so Cavani will now not get used yet they'll pay his presumably high wages, I'm sure that will delight him. It will also take away half of Fernandes goals (penalties) and Ronaldo has a worse conversion rate, so they'll be slightly worse off in that department.
He'll be stroppy and expect players like Greenwood who'll be pushed out wide to play everything to him rather than shooting themselves.

There's absolutely no doubt he'll bring them goals and brings great commercial opportunities, but I genuinely don't think he improves them much on the pitch, Cavani was bagging them plenty of goals and would've likely done the same this season - they've now just got 2 older stop-gaps rather than 1 competing for the same position (and further isolating some of their younger players coming through).

They want a RB and CM, and have signed a 36y/o in a position they're stacked in instead, which who knows, may even hamper their attempts to sign Haaland next season too.

They were going to be competing for the title without him, and they'll be competing for the title with him, are they as good as City/Chelsea/Liverpool? The other signings are very good and will bring them closer, this one I'm less sure of.

The 'hero' has returned...

The one who is, judging by the opinions of Rags from the last 24 hours:-

- not as good as Messi
- a traitor
- a 36 year old crock
- not the 'real' Ronaldo (Brazilian)
- A money hungry whore
- example of everything wrong with modern football.

But other than that, welcome back to the Swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.