United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this place. It's why I can't kick it, haha. The outside world might think it's a massive joke, full of paranoid and bitter blues, but there's nowhere quite like it. These last couple of pages are a great example of why, no matter how many years go by, this frankly amazing forum will never, ever change.

I made two posts basically saying "Our squad is much stronger than United's and that's why we'll most likely finish above them for the next few years", but there will always be a group of hardcore blues, frightened of the colour red, on alert and prepared to attack literally any whiff of praise aimed United's way.

In the middle of those two pretty lengthy posts, I've made a little judgement that, personally, I prefer Greenwood to Mahrez as a footballer because Greenwood's the more exciting player to watch. I even qualified this point and said I wasn't judging their ability as footballers, I was just basing it on my personal preference.

And yet I've had to fend off at least three people who've all taken major issue with a point that probably made up about 2% of the overall post. Never change, guys. Never change!
Rag ;)

Hang on, you'd have Fernandes, Maguire, and Pogba in our TEAM? Assuming you're not on a windup, ahead of who? I don't doubt they're decent enough players but there's nowhere in our team for those 3 at the moment.
I’d take Fatty maybe, but neither Carlton nor the new Portuguese diver would be ahead of any of Kevin, Phil, Ilkay and Bernardo.

And there is no chance that Magliar is better than Aymeric, John and Rúben.

In fact Greggs' chief supporter is the only rag that would make our team.

Last edited:
Grow up. No i am not on the wind up. Fernandes is a great player who has scored or assist stats are second to none over the last year. There is nothing between Stones and Maguire and on his day Pogba is excelelnt and he has started teh season very well.

So to answer your very ignorantly response correctly - Fernandes over Sterling, Maguire over Stones (Just or certainly on a par) and Pogba over Gundog. Not many could argue against that on current form.
Your Fernandes/Sterling comparison is a non-starter, as they play in different positions.

Maguire over Stones? That’s just laughable, as is Pogba ahead of Gündoğan.

Your Fernandes/Sterling comparison is a non-starter, as they play in different positions.

Maguire over Stones? That’s just laughable, as is Pogba ahead of Gündoğan.

I disagree with all your points.

I always have difficulty comparing City's players with anyone else's and City's quad with any other because it's not like picking a joint for the Sunday roast. The quality of the Sunday roast will reflect the abilities of the cook and City's players and squad will reflect the influence that Pep Guardiola has on them. Pep has assembled this squad to play the way he wants them to and so I would not have a single rag in our team or even our squad. This is partly because Pep has looked at most of the rag's squad (that's why they bought them, after all) and abandoned any interest in them and this includes the "homecoming queen". OGS's "plan" on the other hand ....

And so we find that United have a squad and team that can put together some fine performances and they can even beat City because the game is rarely important to us but a matter of self respect to them. What they have not even come close to doing - and this goes for all other teams as well - is putting together a team or a squad that can live with City over 38 games. At a quick calculation City have won 77 more PL points than the rags in the Guardiola era and only in the 2016-7 season was the gap in single figures, when it was 9! And if we count the trophies won ... Every year the rags have strengthened and will push us harder. But seeing is believing.

They will finish 4th.
We will win the title.
Next season we will still have the same posters telling us that this is the year utd will win it.
They won't.
Rinse and repeat until finally due to the law of averages those bigging them up will be right.
People confront their worst fears by convincing themselves that it will happen.
Alternatively they could grow a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.