United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to laugh.....Greenwood better than Mahrez, Pogba better than Gundo and the best McTominay better than Rodri FFS. KDB STILL the best player in the PL!

In another 2 months when they are 6th they will just revert back to storming the swamp, moaning about the Glazers and stuttering on about oil money.

I like Mahrez a lot, it's just personal preference. I prefer players like Greenwood, whose first thought is always "How can I attack this full-back and get beyond him?" It's why I really like Grealish and what he's bringing to City at the moment, and what I really found to be exciting about Sané during the Centurions season. Mahrez is great for us, and I've always liked him more than your average City fan, but Greenwood is the kind of player who gets people off their seats - and he's only 19. A very talented player with a great career in front of him.
Yeah. To leave.

Looking forward to when Ron, Pogba and Fernandes start arguing over the pens! My money is on Ron as a condition of coming home (sorry back!)

I like Mahrez a lot, it's just personal preference. I prefer players like Greenwood, whose first thought is always "How can I attack this full-back and get beyond him?" It's why I really like Grealish and what he's bringing to City at the moment, and what I really found to be exciting about Sané during the Centurions season. Mahrez is great for us, and I've always liked him more than your average City fan, but Greenwood is the kind of player who gets people off their seats - and he's only 19. A very talented player with a great career in front of him.

Fans of Dippers & Rags tend to think their ordinary players are world class & for some reason we think our world class players are ordinary.

Mahrez isn’t only great for us, he was great for Leicester (player of the year) great for Algeria (best African player)

That's enough Internet for me today.

Greenwood over Mahrez.

No

Fans of Dippers & Rags tend to think their ordinary players are world class & for some reason we think our world class players are ordinary.

Mahrez isn’t only great for us, he was great for Leicester (player of the year) great for Algeria (best African player)
Where have I said that Mahrez isn't great? You're sticking on a very small aspect of a much larger point I was making. I like Mahrez a lot. He's scored three goals in a Champions League semi-final - you don't tend to do that if you're not world class. I would just prefer Greenwood in this fictional universe where I support a team that's a combination of City and United's best XIs.

I love this place. It's why I can't kick it, haha. The outside world might think it's a massive joke, full of paranoid and bitter blues, but there's nowhere quite like it. These last couple of pages are a great example of why, no matter how many years go by, this frankly amazing forum will never, ever change.

I made two posts basically saying "Our squad is much stronger than United's and that's why we'll most likely finish above them for the next few years", but there will always be a group of hardcore blues, frightened of the colour red, on alert and prepared to attack literally any whiff of praise aimed United's way.

In the middle of those two pretty lengthy posts, I've made a little judgement that, personally, I prefer Greenwood to Mahrez as a footballer because Greenwood's the more exciting player to watch. I even qualified this point and said I wasn't judging their ability as footballers, I was just basing it on my personal preference.

And yet I've had to fend off at least three people who've all taken major issue with a point that probably made up about 2% of the overall post. Never change, guys. Never change!

I love this place. It's why I can't kick it, haha. The outside world might think it's a massive joke, full of paranoid and bitter blues, but there's nowhere quite like it. These last couple of pages are a great example of why, no matter how many years go by, this frankly amazing forum will never, ever change.

I made two posts basically saying "Our squad is much stronger than United's and that's why we'll most likely finish above them for the next few years", but there will always be a group of hardcore blues, frightened of the colour red, on alert and prepared to attack literally any whiff of praise aimed United's way.

In the middle of those two pretty lengthy posts, I've made a little judgement that, personally, I prefer Greenwood to Mahrez as a footballer because Greenwood's the more exciting player to watch. I even qualified this point and said I wasn't judging their ability as footballers, I was just basing it on my personal preference.

And yet I've had to fend off at least three people who've all taken major issue with a point that probably made up about 2% of the overall post. Never change, guys. Never change!
Interesting who is the more exciting player. Mahrez clearly isnt as exciting at City as he was in a counter attacking side at Leicester. I think Greenwood is a great finisher and his goal return is masking over a pretty average all round game. Saying that, its harsh to be to critical of a player his age. Greenwood certainly looks like a world class player in the making but my opinion is he isnt at the level of Mahrez from his time at Leicester or City.

I'm sorry but when you compare a serial winner against a prospect, one playing for the Rags and one for City, expect some shit, rightly so.

Come back when Greenwood is a regular starter for either United or England and its a debate to be had.

BTW I think he's a top prospect with a high ceiling but its too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.