United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
...because they are prepared to give him more of these 'dollars'?
Ahh, I guess as they earn their own money, they're entitled to do what they choose with it.
They hounded Van Gaal out of town. This dude's teaching his exciting brand of football to players uninterested, unwilling and incapable will be another episode of this comedic series.

They are a lot like the players, particularly Fernandes & Maguire, who kept saying over and over again "we take responsibility, it's up to us not Ole" but then wouldn't take the responsibility in the next match when they could actually do something.

The fans didn't support him a week ago, but now it's meaningless they support him. After most of them wanted him fired, they want to distance themselves from that within a week.
Apprentice boardroom syndrome. Empty words, incongruent actions.
"Why shouldn't I fire you?"
"Give me a chance, I'll be the hardest worker, the best, I'll prove I belong here"
"Yeah, that was the whole point of this week's f*king task, you numpty."

It is funny that the biggest club in the world, supported by more than tenth of the entire human population, has chosen as its messiah an old dude who hasn't actually worked in the specific profession recently. He had been content to take Russian tax payers' money for this retirement, but the best club in England has given him his first, and probably last, dealings with a 'big' club.
I find it weird that they've never gone for Edwin van der Sar as part of their board room team. Ex rag and with a proven track record at Ajax. And with enough footballing knowledge to actually choose a decent director of football and manager.

Or maybe they have, and he told them to do one.

I find it weird that they've never gone for Edwin van der Sar as part of their board room team. Ex rag and with a proven track record at Ajax. And with enough footballing knowledge to actually choose a decent director of football and manager.

Or maybe they have, and he told them to do one.
One thing after another, a weird, funny and perplexing thing happens with them. They are going from a totally unqualified to a semi-retired has-been. Either capable folks are staying away from them, or they are intentionally looking for damaged, and easily influenced, goods. For a business that spends hundreds of millions per year in expenses, they have gone beyond trying to be funny. When they get bought, probably by the Saudis, some one should really look at their business.

Hmmm...I understand you like to 'drink it in' rather a lot.
And as for the fondness for swearing...is that you, Martin?
He wasn’t wrong tbf, but was referring no doubt to the moment, rather than the wider picture. Teams may go on to win it in a similar fashion, but not with the same dramatic backstory.

The timing and drama of the goal (along with Edin’s) was only part of the picture. The way that season had unfolded (the Charity Shield, the two teams neck and neck and interchanging all season, the 6-1, the crushing disappointment of Swansea and Arsenal away, the high drama of Spurs and Chelsea at home, 8 points behind with 6 games to go, the Kompany Derby, the tension of Newcastle away) added to the drama of that day and it very nearly all slipping away from us at the final curtain - after a 44 year wait during which united had increasingly rubbed our noses in it, conspired to mean it will never be repeated.

Certainly not in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.