United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treated myself today to a portion of fish & chips - £7.15. I used to have a pocket-money job in a chippy back in the early 60's. Fish 1/- , chips 6d (equivalent to 7.5p), 10,000% increase
If I worked a full day, they would feed me pie & chips, 2 rounds of bread & butter, a cup of tea with a woodbine.
9666CBD8-F2BC-4012-8602-90DDC69566E1.jpeg

He wasn’t wrong tbf, but was referring no doubt to the moment, rather than the wider picture. Teams may go on to win it in a similar fashion, but not with the same dramatic backstory.

The timing and drama of the goal (along with Edin’s) was only part of the picture. The way that season had unfolded (the Charity Shield, the two teams neck and neck and interchanging all season, the 6-1, the crushing disappointment of Swansea and Arsenal away, the high drama of Spurs and Chelsea at home, 8 points behind with 6 games to go, the Kompany Derby, the tension of Newcastle away) added to the drama of that day and it very nearly all slipping away from us at the final curtain - after a 44 year wait during which united had increasingly rubbed our noses in it, conspired to mean it will never be repeated.

Certainly not in my lifetime.
And Joey Barton getting sent off...

Thought our Bobby told them cunts to fuck off?
It would be nice if he could take out a full page spread in one of the tabloids explicitly telling them to fuck off. He could sign off with ‘City fans will always be in my heart’ like with his last spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.