United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
As funny as Uniteds demise is there are of course plently of lessons for City to take note of. Pep is as big to City as fergie was to them and one day he will go and that will be a very sad day and uncertain time for the club. Hopefully City have a plan in place for what will be a difficult transition.

My mate says try Radio 6. I say be like me, go deaf and you don’t have to listen to any of them!
The radio doesn't go on in my place till 9.30am, there's a very good reason for that.

They bang on about poor signings but who was the last player that the fans were unhappy with when they signed.

They were all very happy with CR37, Sancho, Varane, MaGuire, Sanchez, Fred, Pogba, Shaw, Goofy fucker, Erickson, Telles, Wan Bissaka, when they signed them. They all thought it improved them as a team. Now they use them as examples to berate the owners.

They bang on about poor signings but who was the last player that the fans were unhappy with when they signed.

They were all very happy with CR37, Sancho, Varane, MaGuire, Sanchez, Fred, Pogba, Shaw, Goofy fucker, Erickson, Telles, Wan Bissaka, when they signed them. They all thought it improved them as a team. Now they use them as examples to berate the owners.
It’s all nonsense mate,it’s entitlement full stop they demand to be challenging let them sink a couple of divisions and see what it’s like then ..

I'm finding their demise very funny. However a few things came to mind. The sense of self entitlement of their fans including the likes of Neville is astonishing. Your club doesn't have a god given right to success, no club does, it has to be earned by hard work and good management.

They haven't fallen anywhere near far enough imo, there's a long way to go before their fans can seriously start feeling sorry for themselves, so quit your moaning. Annoyingly given their endless spending i feel they are very unlikely to get relegated.

Neville seems to think their demise is down solely to the Glazers? I find this a bit strange? Are these the same owners that have given their managers more money to spend on transfers than any other club in the PL since Fergusson left? utd also have by far the biggest wage bill of any PL club? They have also hired two of the worlds top managers in Mourinho and Van Gaal? Sure the owners have taken money out of the club, but compared to the rest of the PL, including City they have been more generous with their spending than everybody else ?

So I don't see what Neville is actually moaning about?

The problems at utd run deeper and I'm sure involve Fergusson still hanging around the club as others have said. Its a cop out for the likes of Neville to blame the Glazers for the on field pitch problems. Sure their stadium could do with a lick of paint or more , but he wouldn't be bleating about this if they had won the PL in recent times? Last Summer he was very quiet when Ronaldo was returning and some had tipped them to challenge. He's fickle, shallow and being disingenuous laying all the blame at the foot of the glazers. The media and other pundits don't hold him to account either?

Anyway lets all sit back and enjoy their fall.

I've dropped the PL a line;

"As it is clear that Manchester United fans are planning another protest against not winning any more, and given that the last protest resulted in a key game having to be postponed, can you confirm that the Premier League is taking steps to ensure that, for once, the club is held accountable for the actions of its supporters.

I would recommend a points deduction well publicised in advance so that there is no excuse"
A bit shorter than intended but I'm busy just now. I feel that any concerned football fan should make their feelings known to the PL in advance so we can take the piss if the game is disrupted and they fail to act.

The funniest one I know, a Rag mate of mine told me about a City fan who jumped ship in the mid 90’s and became a full blown Rag, eventually organising away trips and being involved in the Ashton Supporters Club. He wasn’t universally liked being an ex Blue, I wonder how he’s felt over the past decade?
They're welcome to him,true fans don't jump ship...Rats on the other hand....

We are talking of when the day comes, hopefully a long way down the road but you never know., but our own history and what we are seeing in real time in stretford is a warning of not been complacent and planning for when the day does come.

Replacing him, when the time comes will be a huge task, and whoever takes over will be under huge pressure
How can anybody think the club could be complacent with people like Kahldoon in charge, yes there will probably be a drop off if Pep left, there are no lessons to learn from the rags demise, we've been there, hopefully there on their way.

I've dropped the PL a line;

"As it is clear that Manchester United fans are planning another protest against not winning any more, and given that the last protest resulted in a key game having to be postponed, can you confirm that the Premier League is taking steps to ensure that, for once, the club is held accountable for the actions of its supporters.

I would recommend a points deduction well publicised in advance so that there is no excuse"
A bit shorter than intended but I'm busy just now. I feel that any concerned football fan should make their feelings known to the PL in advance so we can take the piss if the game is disrupted and they fail to act.
If they cause issues outside they'll use the it's society not football's fault.

I'd never ever watch a rag/dip game and certainly not the build-up but I'm prepared to make the sacrifice next Monday just for the shits & giggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.